Aniplex USA Dubs anohana Anime Series, Announces Cast (Updated)
posted on by Karen Ressler
Aniplex of America announced at its Sakura-Con panel on Saturday that it is dubbing the anohana: The Flower We Saw That Day television anime series. The company streamed a teaser trailer at the panel, but has not yet announced details on the release.
In addition, Aniplex of America announced that it will release the Magi: The Labyrinth of Magic and Magi: The Kingdom of Magic anime on Blu-ray Disc box sets. Both sets will ship on June 27 with a store price of US$119.98. Each will include 25 episodes with Japanese and English audio, the textless opening and closing sequences, and the English trailer.
- Griffin Burns as Jinta Yadomi
- Xanthe Huynh as Meiko Honma
- Erica Lindbeck as Naruko Anjo
- Ray Chase as Atsumu Matsuyuki
- Erica Mendez as Chiriko Tsurumi
- Kaiji Tang as Tetsudo Hisakawa
- Kirk Thornton as Atsushi Yadomi
- Laura Post as Toko Yadomi
- Tara Sands as Jinta (Child)
- Michelle Ruff as Atsumu (Child)
- Abby Trott as Poppo (Child)
- Cherami Leigh as Haruna
- Brianna Knickerbocker as Aki
- Christopher Smith as Manabu Honma
- Karen Strassman as Irene Honma
- Marianne Miller as Satoshi Honma
The 2011 television anime followed several childhood friends who try to reconnect in high school, after drifting apart due to tragedy five years earlier. It inspired a manga, a 2013 film sequel, and a 2015 live-action special.
NIS America licensed and released the television anime in 2012 and again in 2013. Aniplex of America partnered with Eleven Arts to screen the film in theaters in the United States, and then released the film on Blu-ray Disc and DVD. Crunchyroll streamed the anime in 2012 and also streamed the live-action special.
Update: Trailer added.
this article has been modified since it was originally posted; see change history