Takane & Hana Live-Action Series Unveils New Cast, Visual
posted on by Rafael Antonio Pineda
The official website for the live-action series adaptation of Yuki Shiwasu's manga revealed additional cast and a new visual for the series on Wednesday. Shiwasu's illustration for the cover of the manga's first volume inspired the new visual.
The additional cast includes (from top to bottom on right portion in image above):
- Junki Tozuka as Eiji Kirigasaki, Takane's personal assistant and secretary
- Asahi Itō as Nicola Luciano, Takane's college friend, and the son of a family that handles a major Italian brand
- Kenshin Endō as Sōma Okamoto, Hana's childhood friend
- Rea Nagami as Hikaruko Fujiwara, Hana's friend
- Yū Miyazaki as Mizuki Ogawa, Hana's friend
Other new cast members include:
- Ryō Nishihori as Shigeur Nonomura, Hana's father
- Yūko Nitō as Emi Nonomura, Hana's mother
- Arisa Deguchi as Enishi Nonomura, Hana's sister
- Kōki Okada as the managing director the Takane company
- Toru Shinagawa as the president of the Takane company
Mahiro Takasugi (left in picture below) will play Takane Saibara, and Aisa Takeuchi (right) will play Hana Nonomura.
The show will air on Fuji TV on-demand starting on March 18. Yūsuke Ishii and Hiroyuki Nakata are directing the series, while Juri Takeda, Iyo Nishikōri, and Nana Yamamoto are penning the scripts. RUANN is performing the series' theme song "LOVE&HOPE."
After her older sister refuses to go to an arranged marriage meeting with Takane Saibara, the heir to a vast business fortune, high schooler Hana Nonomura agrees to be her stand-in to save face for the family. But what happens when Hana meets Takane is an unexpected pairing of utter opposites!
Shiwasu began serializing the ongoing manga in Hakusensha's Hana to Yume magazine in December 2014 after first debuting the title as a short. Hakusensha published the 12th volume last October and will publish the 13th volume on February 20. The manga ranked on Takarajimasha's Kono Manga ga Sugoi! 2016 list of best manga for female readers.