'Farewell, My Dear Cramer' Film's Trailer, Poster Reveal New June 11 Date
posted on by Egan Loo
Eiga Sayonara Watashi no Cramer First Touch, the anime film of Naoshi Arakawa's Farewell, My Dear Cramer (Sayonara Watashi no Cramer) manga, debuted a trailer and a new poster visual on Monday, and both announced that the film will open on June 11. Arakawa personally drew the illustration on the poster visual. The trailer features Aika Kobayashi's insert song "Can you sing along?"
The staff initially planned to release the film on April 1. However, the staff delayed the film due to "various circumstances," and expressed hopes of a resolution to the new coronavirus disease (COVID-19).
The television anime premiered on Sunday on Tokyo MX. The overall anime project stars:
- Miyuri Shimabukuro as Nozomi Onda
- Shion Wakayama as Sawa Echizen
- Kouki Uchiyama as Tetsuji Yamada
- Ryota Ohsaka as Kaoru Takei
- Ryoko Shiraishi as Junpei Onda
- Koji Yusa as Kōzō Sameji
- Shimba Tsuchiya as Yasuaki Tani
- Tomoyo Kurosawa as Sumire Suō
- Aoi Yūki as Midori Soshizaki
- Shiho Kokido as Aya Shiratori
- Yu Shimamura as Eriko Tase
- Marina Yamada as Makoto Miyasaka
- Rena Maeda as Rui Kikuchi
- Azumi Waki as Ayumi Kishi
- Misano Sakai as Saori Koshi
- Anzu Haruno as Noriko Okachimachi
- Rena Hasegawa as Karina Kakogawa
- Yuko Kaida as Naoko Nо̄mi
- Junichi Suwabe as Gо̄ro Fukatsu
- Saori Hayami as Mizuki Kaji
- Yui Ishikawa as Haruna Itō
- Makoto Koichi as Mao Tsukuda
- Yui Makino as Chika Kirishima
- Aika Kobayashi as Yū Tenma
- Hiroko Kiso as Alice Adatara
- Nichika Omori as Kei Hanabusa
- Takaya Kuroda as Eiken Asuka
- Kazuhiro Yamaji as Kenroku Washizu
- Yumi Uchiyama as Rei Kutani
- Hinatazaka46 idol group member Yuka Kageyama
- Mikako Komatsu as Nanami Zaisen
- Sho Hayami as Masahiro Gotōda
The film's story adapts the Sayonara Football prequel manga, which follows Nozomi in junior high school.
Seiki Takuno (Boarding School Juliet, Yamada-kun and the Seven Witches) is directing the TV series and film at Liden Films, and Natsuko Takahashi (Tokyo Magnitude 8.0, Cutie Honey Universe) is writing the script. Eriko Itō (Hamatora, Ane Log) is designing the characters, and Masaru Yokoyama (Your Lie in April, Fruits Basket) is composing the music. Aika Kobayashi performs the opening theme song "Ambitious Goal."
Toei is distributing the film. Aika Kobayashi is performing the film's theme song "Sora wa Dare ka no Mono Ja Nai" (The Sky Doesn't Belong to Anyone).
Kodansha Comics is releasing the manga digitally simultaneously with its Japanese release, and also plans to release the manga in print. The company describes the manga:
With no soccer accomplishments to speak of during the entirety of Sumire Suo's junior high school years, the young wing gets an odd offer. Suo's main rival, Midori Soshizaki, invites her to join up on the same team in high school, with a promise that she'll never let Suo “play alone.” It's an earnest offer, but the question is whether Suo will take her up on it. Thus the curtain opens on a story that collects an enormous cast of individual soccer-playing personalities!
Arakawa launched the manga in May 2016.