• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kinokuniya NYC Hosts Event with Kodansha, Vertical

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:09 pm Reply with quote
I hope Kodansha can tell us what is becoming of the titles they are getting from Del Rey. Especially Negima.
Ingraman

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:50 pm Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
I hope Kodansha can tell us what is becoming of the titles they are getting from Del Rey. Especially Negima.

I'm presuming that that's the sort of information that we're going to hear about. I think that Negima and Nodame are the two titles that I'm most concerned about.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:53 pm Reply with quote
I just reread the article...summer release schedule? They aren't seriously waiting until summer to start releasing series are they?
AstroNerdBoy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:34 am Reply with quote
ZeetherKID77 wrote:
I just reread the article...summer release schedule? They aren't seriously waiting until summer to start releasing series are they?

I think that's exactly what they are planning. So far, they've STILL not started production on any former Del Rey title (as best as I can tell) and it will take a great deal of time to get everything going. That's what I bitched about last month.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quote
We're going to have to wait until the summer? At least it's not 2013, like what Amazon implies.

xxxHolic and Negima are guaranteed to be safe. I'm more worried about the series that Del Rey had apparently canceled, like Alive and Nodame.
ZeetherKID77

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:21 am Reply with quote
I hope they have something to keep fans occupied, like online chapter previews.

Also I'd like it if they opened accounts on social media sites like Twitter to answer questions and post things because Del Rey had NOTHING related to their manga line on Twitter or Facebook, just their books and "Suvudu" which barely discussed manga but this was before they closed up shop.
HatsumiShinogu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote
Hopefully they will continue Papillon -Hana to Chou-, Gakuen Prince, Nodame Cantabile and My Heavenly Hockey Club. I am pretty sure xxxHOLiC is safe, so I am not that worried about it.
TnAdct1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:22 pm Reply with quote
AstroNerdBoy wrote:
ZeetherKID77 wrote:

I think that's exactly what they are planning. So far, they've STILL not started production on any former Del Rey title (as best as I can tell) and it will take a great deal of time to get everything going. That's what I bitched about last month.

A very poor decision IMO, as the lack of production on the Del Ray titles will likely result in a possible drop of sales thanks to people choosing to read the scanlations rather than wait until summer for the next volume of their favorite manga (and given how Negima was a big seller for Del Rey, that would be a very costly move).
GATSU

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 4:48 am Reply with quote
Personally, I'd like to see a re-release of Cromartie happen already. Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1