• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Newspaper: Production Begins on New Yamato Show, Film

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yamiangie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:25 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping it would continue on with out Nishizaki i just expected it to fall into another copyright war first. Still can.
Vicserr

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:20 pm Reply with quote
F*ck Yeah! more Yamato is always good news, we need more space opera!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:39 pm Reply with quote
I am totally in favor of this!! Very Happy
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:02 am Reply with quote
Is there any way we can get Leiji Matsumoto to stop this?

Yamato ended with Final, as far as I'm concerned. Unless this is a reboot, I have no interest. I fear it could tarnish the Yamato franchise.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:06 am Reply with quote
penguintruth wrote:

Yamato ended with Final, as far as I'm concerned. Unless this is a reboot, I have no interest. I fear it could tarnish the Yamato franchise.

You mean like the third season of the TV series and Final did? Sorry but I prefer to think Yamato ended at the end of Be Forever Yamato. The third season of the TV series was a lame rehash of the first season's plot and Final had the worst plot idea ever - Captain Okita's (Avatar's) resurrection. This new production would have to go quite some way to tarnish it any more than III and Final already have.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:05 am Reply with quote
ValkyrieZeroZeroOne wrote:
penguintruth wrote:

You mean like the third season of the TV series and Final did? Sorry but I prefer to think Yamato ended at the end of Be Forever Yamato. The third season of the TV series was a lame rehash of the first season's plot and Final had the worst plot idea ever - Captain Okita's (Avatar's) resurrection. This new production would have to go quite some way to tarnish it any more than III and Final already have.

Granted, that particular element of Final was troublesome, but Final more than made up with it by being a nearly perfect end to the Yamato franchise. It was a beautiful movie. And the third season had its strengths, like Desslar being sort of a badish good guy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:34 am Reply with quote
I enjoyed Yamato Resurrection, but there was at least one major loose thread (spoiler[Yuki's whereabouts]) that I hope to see wrapped up, whether in the new TV series or the next movie.

ValkyrieZeroZeroOne wrote:
Sorry but I prefer to think Yamato ended at the end of Be Forever Yamato. The third season of the TV series was a lame rehash of the first season's plot and Final had the worst plot idea ever - Captain Okita's (Avatar's) resurrection. This new production would have to go quite some way to tarnish it any more than III and Final already have.

I don't think Okita's resurrection was a worse idea than the bad guys from Be Forever Yamato pretending they were from an occupied future Earth just to mess with the heads of the Yamato crewmen, instead of simply shooting them dead when they left the ship.

In my opinion, Farewell Yamato was the best ending for the franchise. Kodai's final sacrifice, sad as it was, was a lot more heroic than the pathetic role Yamato played at the end of the second series, sitting idly while Teresa saved the Earth from Zwordar' ship.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quote
Except there's absolutely no reason to believe sacrificing the Yamato would have even put a dent in that gigantic warship that was practically the size of Earth on its own. That's why the second series end makes more sense, with Teresa's anti-matter body destroying Zordar's ship.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1