• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
REVIEW: Ghost Hunt GN 11

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
larinon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:56 am Reply with quote
Supposedly there will be one more volume in Japan, so hopefully Del Rey will release this stateside for completeness if nothing else. I agree that this volume pales in comparison for the rest of the series, but hopefully she'll actually tell us what's going on with Kazuya's background.

This last volume, and the forthcoming 12th, would represent the only parts of the manga series that were not part of the anime, so I guess that's something for fans of the anime to look forward to, sort of..
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
kill-chan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:04 pm Reply with quote
Ghost Hunt 12 has been released 3 months ago in japan.

About the "Final Hunt" statement, I think Del Rey didn't mean it that way.
kuriousity
ANN Reviewer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:21 pm Reply with quote
kill-chan wrote:

About the "Final Hunt" statement, I think Del Rey didn't mean it that way.

It wasn't the Final Hunt line on the back that I was referencing (I think they meant that line quite literally as this volume had the last hunt). Listings for this volume on retail sites and in Diamond Previews had 'FINAL VOLUME' at the end of the synopsis.
ryonomiko
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:28 pm Reply with quote
I was puzzled by "The Last Hunt" as well, but you've explained that now. I pre-ordered it too many months ago, there was no description then. Sad if Vol12 won't get done in English. Crying or Very sad Hope Kodansha puts it out if Del Rey can't.

Volume 10-12 needs to be considered one arc/story. The Forgotten Children story isn't as important as events that started in Vol10 and are all of Vol12. Investigating the school was something to kill time basically. Volume 11 I'm not disappointed with (besides the art at times). Mai realizing how important all the people she's been working with really hits her with them disappearing one by one. It's a set-up for things to come.

Volume 11 and 12 limited Japanese ones came with drama CDs with the anime cast so that was a huge plus.

Ono is revising the novels. Vol1 came out Nov 19th in Japan. Sadly not something I can read, my Japanese skills aren't good enough. So it would be lovely if the revised ones get licenced. Fingers crossed and all that!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1