• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Crunchyroll Streams Natsume 3, Yuruyuri, Kamisama Dolls

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:19 pm Reply with quote
I expected Yuru Yuri to be simulcasted. Good to see it confirmed.
Emerje

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Two shows I definitely want to watch and one show I'm mildly interested in (YuruYuri). Those and Usagi Drop and we're off to a good start. That currently puts me at 9 returning shows and 4 new shows on Crunchyroll, 1 show from Funi and 4 from NicoNico of what's currently been announced (if you count Usagi Drop). 18 so far, it's going to be a busy Summer.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
wyntre_rose

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote
Excellent! I've been looking forward to Natsume 3 ever since they first announced it was being made. Couldn't imagine CR not picking it up, since they already had the first 2 seasons, but it's nice to have it confirmed. Now, would someone release it on DVD please? *puppy dog eyes*

Last edited by wyntre_rose on Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
EmbraceMe

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote
CR also mentioned that there would be a total of 25 simulcasts (via liveblog). 13 simulcasts from the previous season, 12 new, but according to the lineup on the website, there is currently 11 boxes listed.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:25 pm Reply with quote
YAAAAAAY NATSUME 3!!! I'm sooooo happy! THAT's the show I'm looking forward to this season the most! Very Happy
JiseiHakushaku

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 pm Reply with quote
Crunchyroll's been picking up a lot of good titles! I'm very excited. I hope that the other shows from this season's lineup that I liked will get grabbed. :3
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:41 pm Reply with quote
wyntre_rose wrote:
Excellent! I've been looking forward to Natsume 3 ever since they first announced it was being made. Couldn't imagine CR not picking it up, since they already had the first 2 seasons, but it's nice to have it confirmed. Now, would someone release it on DVD please? *puppy dog eyes*

This. Natsume is my most wished for show on a physical release. Wish someone would give us the first 13 eps on DVD. At least. *wish, wish*

And I definitely plan on watching Kamisama Dolls!
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:48 pm Reply with quote
I hope they get that titty fighter anime, uncensored.
tuxedocat

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:53 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

They might get it. but it will probably be a censored version. I think all of CR titles like this are censored in some way, no?
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:58 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Manyuu Hikenchou appears to be handled by Kadokawa, which means odds are very high Crunchyroll will be getting it.

Odds are very low that Crunchyroll will be getting the uncensored version, however, as for simulcasts they always get the broadcast version.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:17 pm Reply with quote
tuxedocat wrote:
They might get it. but it will probably be a censored version. I think all of CR titles like this are censored in some way, no?

TheAncientOne wrote:
Manyuu Hikenchou appears to be handled by Kadokawa, which means odds are very high Crunchyroll will be getting it.

Odds are very low that Crunchyroll will be getting the uncensored version, however, as for simulcasts they always get the broadcast version.

Considering how Qwaser was handled with TV, I guess I'll be waiting for this on BD. Since I doubt this one will be generous and have a webstream.
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:32 pm Reply with quote
Knew that Natsume was probably going to be simulcast but still, squee! Can't wait for Tuesday!
The Mad Manga Massacre

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 3:36 pm Reply with quote
Natsume's Book of Friends 3= yay! Super excited about this one and am really glad it will be simulcasted Very Happy. A must watch for me! And as an added bonus Brain's Base is the studio behind it!

Kamisama Dolls= been anticipating this one plus it's from Brain's base. Another must watch for me!

Yuruyuri= probably won't watch since it really isn't my cup of tea (I've already read/watched enough of this type of show to know that it won't hold my interest for long)
toyNN

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:04 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
tuxedocat wrote:

TheAncientOne wrote:

Considering how Qwaser was handled with TV, I guess I'll be waiting for this on BD. Since I doubt this one will be generous and have a webstream.

They'll always (or almost always) get the broadcast version when simicasting - that's all that is available. Only with the library titles later do the uncencored versions become available.

If you need an pretty-much-the-same-fan-service fix you could pop over to TAN for last fall's Samurai Girls - they are now adding uncensored versions with the english dubs to go along with the subbed as broadcast versions...not that I'd really know about all that..
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 4:11 pm Reply with quote
toyNN wrote:
If you need an pretty-much-the-same-fan-service fix you could pop over to TAN for last fall's Samurai Girls - they are now adding uncensored versions with the english dubs to go along with the subbed as broadcast versions...not that I'd really know about all that..

Nah, it must be this one specifically because it's Hoods Entertainment and has a lot of the same design elements as Qwaser. Anything less, with the notable exception of Queen's Blade, is laughable in comparison to the amount of naked breasts and kinks. And they often try to incorporate some weird element called a 'story' that has no business being in anime of this caliber. I watch these anime for the plot.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3