• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Peach Girl Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lianncoop
Past ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:46 pm Reply with quote
I hope the anime shapes up to be as good as the manga. Peach Girl was something I kinda hoped they would eventually turn into anime mainly because it was so popular. Now if only they'd adapt Hot Gimmick into a show. That'd be great.
RadicaLElly

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:54 pm Reply with quote
I'm surprised its taken this long to get a Peach Girl anime underway. There's already a Peach Girl live action series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:13 pm Reply with quote
Just wondering is the manga still going or is it finished? I check the manga Encyclopedia and it says there's 17 volume. I wonder if they will adapt the entire manga??? 17 volumes is enough for 52 episodes.
Kagemusha

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 8:19 pm Reply with quote
I believe it is finished (I haven't read all of it so I could be wrong). And I would guess that they could make it into a 52 episode series, a 26 is more likely.
quincyarcher

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 9:24 pm Reply with quote
It's eighteen volumes and complete. I hope the anime version is longer than the manga. It's neat to finally see this happen. I was so shocked when I saw it on the cover of Bessatu.
RabbitRevolution

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2004 10:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm really excited about this announcement, since Peach Girl was one of the first manga series I started reading. Anime smile With Tokyopop's publication of vol. 18, PG is also one of the few series I've actually been able to finish. I'll admit that it has a rather drawn out and overly-melodramatic storyline, but it's addicting nonetheless. Probably all good shoujo manga fits this description anyway. Anime smallmouth I'm excited PG's going to be on TV, since anime is always in need of plain and simple romantic soaps for gals (no transformation sequences or fantasy locales required Wink ).
ZODDGUTS

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2004 4:27 pm Reply with quote
Kagemusha wrote:
I believe it is finished (I haven't read all of it so I could be wrong). And I would guess that they could make it into a 52 episode series, a 26 is more likely.

9 volumes is more than enough for 26 episodes "one season" if their going to adapt the manga which is 18 volumes they would have to cut out a lot of stuff for the anime. At the very least it has to be 39 episodes total like Ai Yori Aoshi which had a first season 26 and then a second season 13 episodes or a it could have second season that is 26 episodes.
MiwaSatoshi
Old Regular

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 11:53 am Reply with quote
Normally it doesn't take this long for a manga to become an anime ... I wonder how much the popularity of this series in the American market had to do with that particular decision.

I'll let you know as soon as I can find casting information.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
xluvskyx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2004 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I love Peach Girl! I can't wait for the anime and as always I hope it's as good as the manga. They're all done with the mangas-Peach Girl and Peach Girl Change of Heart, but they are doing it all over again for the orginal right-to-left format. My friend said the ending wasn't as great and that they could do better and that maybe they are coming out with a third season. Don't got a clue cause I got lost from what she said, but anyways I can't wait for the anime!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1