• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Young Ace Mag Starts Manga About Aspiring Animator

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:15 pm Reply with quote
Okay, as an aspiring animator who's going to be entering his junior year at the art college this fall, this could the most awesome thing that features a character pursuing a goal that I would recommend to people to learn about the animation industry in general or it could turn into some unexpected moe, slice-of-life like nonsense for all I know. Please let it be the former, please let it be the former, please dear freaking god, let it be the former?
enurtsol

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:16 am Reply with quote
But can it beat Animation Runner Kuromi?! Laughing

I remember years ago reading a Western animator's blog about showing Kuromi at his animation studio, and how they all laughed because it was so true. I forgot which studio........ Anime smile + sweatdrop
reanimator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:55 am Reply with quote
I hoping that the manga addresses serious problems facing the industry: Lack of new talents; cannibalization of veteran artists; substandard pay rate; 90% turnover rate within 1 year in entry level. These are the problems that they have to talk about. I just don't want to see it as sugar-coated glamorization of the industry.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1