• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Manga UK Posts Redline Racing Anime Film Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:09 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Manga Entertainment plans to release the film on Blu-ray Disc and DVD in the United Kingdom on November 14.

For the benefit of those not already aware, this release date follows several announced delays. Holding one's breath has resultantly been discouraged.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vracer111

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Hmmm....the same Japanese Trailer that's been out forever but with English Voice over and subtitles added? No trailer with English dub examples? Does this bode ill for the English dubbing of Redline - are they not confident in the dub?

Will wait for the US release for better english subtitles...will be less expensive than getting the UK release. Reviews of the eventual UK release will let me know whether the English Dub is worthy or not - Redline is one anime title where the English Dub has a tall order to fill, and I don't think it will be up to the task. Not waiting impatiently for either English release as I have the Japanese special edition release to keep me company...
Agent355

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 2:31 am Reply with quote
"SUNDAY! SUNDAY! SUNDAY!" Laughing

It's Initial D in the future...

Jokes aside, why isn't this out yet? If anime needs a kick in the backside, this movie looks like it delivers a big kick! Looking forward to the (eventual) US release!
Vracer111

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:29 pm Reply with quote
Nothing really Initial D feeling about Redline at all - it's more Death Race meets Star Wars meets Akira...but with great comedic timing and quirks. It's quite a ride, the best anime movie experience on Blu-ray actually - makes Evangelion 2.22 seem more boring, somewhat bland in its action, and not animated so well.
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:46 pm Reply with quote
The announcer for that trailer was pretty ridiculous.

This film does look fantastic. The look and feel of it reminds me of the nineties, especially the hand-drawn mechanics, which are amazing. I've never liked computer animated mechanics, even though I understand why they are used, so I'm interested in it at least for that.

If I'm honest, I have only a visual interest in the film. The premise doesn't grab me and I never seem to be able to really enjoy anything involving racing, except maybe for Wacky Races when I was a child.

I might well buy a copy of it even so, just to support the kind of effort that it represents and because it does look awesome.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1