• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Viz Media Panel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BorgmanJayce

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:08 pm Reply with quote
Why am I not surprised that the marketing lady from Viz couldn't mention anything about Shonen Jump Alpha being available to people in the UK and Australasia.

It's definitely because they know there'd be a huge bloody uproar from those parts of the world about how they're getting screwed over because Viz can't be bothered to get proper English-language rights for the major territories in one go!

That, plus there's definitely going to be a huge backlash over the fact that the print version will be no longer available after March 2012.

Why can't they learn from the likes of Kodansha USA and Yen Press in that at least they think about other English-language markets when it comes to their products whereas Viz is all about North America first and screw the rest of the English-speaking world!

Then again, nothing surprises me where Viz is concerned these days...
CG-LOVER

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Alright, so for the first time in god knows how long Viz finally gives us a panel with great news. Out of all the panels thus far Viz is definitely the winner in my book (not like it was difficult though, as all of the other industry panels were weak to say the least when it comes to announcements). I am ecstatic that Viz has finally announced that they are releasing InuYasha: TFA next year, and I am glad to hear that Tiger and Bunny is getting a dub, and hopefully that will release on home media soon enough. As far as Monster goes, it's still disappointing but not at all unexpected that they can't release it right now, but at least they've acknowledged that they're considering it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
GinkoArt

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 5:30 pm Reply with quote
"Viz could not give an answer yet on the rest of Monster on DVD"

O.O So apparently Viz has listened to the fans & all hope of a Monster Boxset 2 has not yet been lost.

But honestly I don't care if they put out some barebones complete or 2-3 parter subtitle-only boxset(s), I want to own all of Monster physically because it's one of my most favorited anime & manga ever.

Monster has one of favorite dubs ever too, but if it were to be subtitle exclusive then I could persevere. lol
doctordoom85

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Well, Monster has already been completely dubbed, so there's little to no chance that if Viz did release more of it that it would be sub-only.
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote
GinkoArt wrote:
"Viz could not give an answer yet on the rest of Monster on DVD"

O.O So apparently Viz has listened to the fans & all hope of a Monster Boxset 2 has not yet been lost.

But honestly I don't care if they put out some barebones complete or 2-3 parter subtitle-only boxset(s), I want to own all of Monster physically because it's one of my most favorited anime & manga ever.

Monster has one of favorite dubs ever too, but if it were to be subtitle exclusive then I could persevere. lol

I want to own it for its dub, because that's how I first experienced its brilliance, but I hear you, comrade.

I was so disheartened when I found out there was no complete series box set available, so to know they haven't forgotten us Monster fans are still here and more than willing to shell out a sh** ton of cash for this unbelievable series is a big boost to my morale!!

So PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, Viz!! If you're listening: I want this DVD box set, even if it's hell on my wallet.
LagannImpact

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:27 am Reply with quote
Yep, and now we just sit back and wait for an announcement on InuYasha: The Final Act's airing on [adult swim]. Since Viz is notorious for getting their properties to air LONG before physical releases (see Bleach, Kekkaishi, Death Note on [as]; Monster on Syfy), the smart money says InuYasha: Final Act must be coming SOON to [adult swim], especially since Bleach is about to enter filler hell and Durarara!! only has 10 episodes left. I'd say we'll see Final Act on [as] by January, if not sooner.
Kid Ryan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote
Anime News Network wrote:
Blue Dragon: Trials of the 7 Shadows will be streamed subbed and dubbed on VizAnime.

They are talking about the second season of Blue Dragon, correct? Very Happy
sonryu

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2011 1:06 pm Reply with quote
"Viz confirmed in that session that it will dub Inuyasha: The Final Act"

Is this all they can say about it? We knew about that last May.

I figured at this point the sub translation and dub were done, and they were just waiting on the production of packaging/bonus materials. Either way, they sure are taking their time.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1