• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hayate Film's Standalone BD/DVD to Add New Anime Footage

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 2:50 pm Reply with quote
I actually might import this. Hayate is one of my favorite shows and unfortunately I went back to America a few weeks before the film aired so I missed it Sad
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote
It makes me sick how Bandai treated Hayate in America.. I really wish someone else would have licensed this. I am 100% sure we will never get this movie Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
omnistry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 7:11 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
It makes me sick how Bandai treated Hayate in America.. I really wish someone else would have licensed this. I am 100% sure we will never get this movie Sad

Agreed. I put Hayate on the top of my list of greatest anime comedies of the last decade, but the way Bandai treated it was just awful. It needs to be rescued by someone who actually gets what Hayate's all about, and not chucked under the licensing bus.
Catseyetiger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:39 am Reply with quote
I would love to own the second season and the ova and the movie. I own the manga 1-18 and await 19 now!

yes Bandai-ent should have made a dub oh well.
Jrittmayer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Catseyetiger wrote:
I would love to own the second season and the ova and the movie. I own the manga 1-18 and await 19 now!

yes Bandai-ent should have made a dub oh well.

While much of the humor would be lost in translation a dub could do it justice. The Animax dub isnt bad, Maria has a british accent Anime hyper
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1