• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Blood-C Vampire Anime Film to Be Titled 'The Last Dark'

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GhostShell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:44 am Reply with quote
I'm a fan of the Blood franchise, but I've heard both good and bad things about -C. Blood+ started off in a way that was a little unexpected, but I quickly came to like the series. I haven't seen -C, and the character designs weren't exactly grabbing me, but I can get accustomed to them if the darkness of the franchise is retained in the story. Hopefully that's ultimately the case with the -C series and new movie.
jabjal

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:26 am Reply with quote
Unless you absolutely have to watch this or a bad itch of curiosity stay away from this like a plague. The fight sequences are well choreographed but that's it. I won't go into specifics as I'm sure you've already heard anything I would say. Unless you absolutely have to watch this or a bad itch of curiosity stay away from this like a plague
dtm42

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:29 pm Reply with quote
The working title was "The Last Stop on the Trainwreck of Fail", but that was considered too long.
peachsncreamsoda

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:30 pm Reply with quote
While it was more of 'this-leads-up-to-the-actual-film/good part kinda thing, rather than an actual series per say imo... I generally liked the series. Dunno about the designs and all, but I got used to it. Was it the best? No. But I did enjoy it and it did have me wanting more (for a number of reasons, some good and some... not so much.) And I did look forward to whenever the next ep would come out, so all around... I want to see this movie. It sucks that it doesn't come out 'till Summer 2012 (they should have aired the series maybe in Jan. 2012 if you ask me, if they'd planned on airing the film then...) But anyways, yeah, I really wanna see it. Even if it sucks, I wanna see it (though I hope it doesn't.)

Again, not the best series, but it is pretty good way to kill time while waiting for other eps of other things to come out.

Quote:
-if the darkness of the franchise is retained in the story

I dunno about the whole story... its a little iffy, but imo i'd say it was pretty dark. Or graphic maybe... Even with all the really gruesome parts censored, I still cringed at times. Dunno if that really helps at all.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote
I liked the series, so I'm looking forward to the movie. Which still won't stop me from wryly christening it "The Last Dork."
qnworks

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:39 pm Reply with quote
Ahaha. I see they never know when to stop. I am going to have a good laugh with ma friends so looking forward to it xD
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 4:43 pm Reply with quote
peachsncreamsoda wrote:

I dunno about the whole story... its a little iffy, but imo i'd say it was pretty dark. Or graphic maybe... Even with all the really gruesome parts censored, I still cringed at times. Dunno if that really helps at all.

Maybe I'm just the sick sort, but I'd like to see all the scenes without the mosaics. After watching lots of sugary sweet slice of life types of shows, it's a nice change of pace to watch some gore. Maybe the BDs have the mosaics taken out.
BOMHAT

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 9:14 pm Reply with quote
I was almost sure they were going to cancel the project due to the bad response from viewers. I continued watching it hoping that it would get better but it really never did. I dont know why nobody likes the character designs :/ I love clamps artwork and i thought I.G replicated them beautifully. I think I'll end up watching this just because I ended up watching the whole series anyways.
LaFreccia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:30 am Reply with quote
Blood-C was super gorey and violent. Perhaps the most gruesome show I have ever seen.

I liked the way they built up the mystery of what was going on. Essentially the story builds all the way to the final minutes of the series. They definitely did a good job of creating motivation for the movie. I'm interested in seeing what happens next.
NG14916

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:30 am Reply with quote
I don't really understand all this hate. The first few episodes were a bit slow, sure, but the series really built up the mood well and did a good job of using implication to convey emotion.
TheAncientOne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:02 pm Reply with quote
Sailor S wrote:

Maybe I'm just the sick sort, but I'd like to see all the scenes without the mosaics. After watching lots of sugary sweet slice of life types of shows, it's a nice change of pace to watch some gore. Maybe the BDs have the mosaics taken out.

I seem to recall they primarily resorted to shadows and light for censoring, but interestingly, in the final episode they used blurring instead, which was much less distracting.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1