• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online Anime Slated for 1/2 Year Next July

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Volibear

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Nice, first Accel World and now Sword Art Online - both 1/2 year series - good to see they're something to look forward to over the summer, last years mid year series (spring-summer) really disappointed on the whole, a couple of good series but largely missable so its good to hear early on that somethings worth watching
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:10 pm Reply with quote
While the story isn't the most original, it's a concept that's always entertained and intrigued me.

The character art looks very nice - a female fighter sporting a breastplate that actually looks like honest-to-goodness armor? Thank. You. Anime smile

Definitely looking forward to this one. Some amazing and great-potential shows on the horizon for 2012! (Now if J.C. Staff will just announce Index III...)
partially

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:55 pm Reply with quote
hmm well it will be interesting to see how they adapt it. Given that the first story is more a somewhat slow paced romance than an action story... even including a pseudo sex scene from memory. Either they will do a somewhat bizarre show like most of the .hack, or they may include a lot of the story information from some of the prequel short stories to fill in action.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1