• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Tokyo Anime Fair 2012 Blowout: Part I

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The illogically cute Mameshiba mascot character is celebrating its "5th mameversary" this year, and advertising giant Dentsu was celebrating alongside it with plenty of merchandise at TAF.

An extra letter m in the word 'mameversary' would most definitely have piqued my interests, to put things salaciously. (Comiket, conversely, is quite fructiferous when it comes to catering for such wants.)
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:10 pm Reply with quote
Oh wow that GARO costume... it looks almost straight from the show! Too bad there's no pics of a matching ZERO.
kawaiibunny3

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
if you're a fan of Creamy Mami or some of Pierrot's other magical girl series, such as Magical Emi or Fancy Lala, you would undoubtedly love the booth, as it featured everything from Creamy Mami drawings and handbags to Creamy Mami costumes, berets, and luggage, not to mention live talk shows with some of the key voice cast from the series.

sounds like heaven to me Very Happy

I wonder if they'll be selling any of that stuff in online stores that ship internationally like Amiami or HLJ....
xScar

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:39 pm Reply with quote
The Fujiko timeline thumbnail doesn't link to the full image, it links to another one D:

I totally cannot wait for this.
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 8:45 pm Reply with quote
I don't know anything about Lupin, but that sexy Fujiko poster makes me want to watch the new TV series now Very Happy

Also, I presume ANN will be covering ACE as well?
Zac
ANN Executive Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 9:03 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
I don't know anything about Lupin, but that sexy Fujiko poster makes me want to watch the new TV series now Very Happy

Also, I presume ANN will be covering ACE as well?

Yep, we will have ACE coverage. There's more to come from TAF as well.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:11 am Reply with quote
Dude Dragonic Overlord looks epic (despite I have no interest in the aforementioned card-based anime). And Gon! Yay for the crazy little dino! Who's the gold armored fellow posing with the ladies and what's he from?
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:19 am Reply with quote
I would love to see that timeline of Fujiko; it can be really fascinating to observe the changes in a portrayal over time and considering what might have motivated them.

It's a shame that they had nothing to show of the animation; the designs and staff have made me pretty excited about it, but I really want to see how those designs move and get a taste of what it will feel like. I also really want to hear the music; I have high hopes for that.

Looking at that one advertisement, I can't help but note that Fujiko is somewhere near 75% leg. Well, I guess that's one of the better bodyparts to have exaggerated. I just hope that her ankles are sturdier than they look and she has good balance. Looking past the woman herself, there's some really nice background art. I'm not sure how much it indicates about what will be in the series, but I love me some richly ornamented palaces.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
shukero

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:47 am Reply with quote
Great overview of the booths. I hope to see more from TAF, and a lot more from ACE; since I'm not rooting for that insane Ishihara. Either way I think it's awesome that there is such complete coverage for people like me that can't spend the money to ever go to japan... at least right now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1