• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Adult Swim's Toonami Block Returns Tonight

Goto page   Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rigamortis-chan

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Generic this is bad cause my favorite show isn't on it comment. Wink
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:32 pm Reply with quote
Got Tivo set up to record it. Can't wait to watch Toonami tonight.

Also remember, more ratings=more money=it becoming more like the block we want it to.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Surrender Artist

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:38 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to it. And I don't feel like qualifying or mitigating that.

I'll probably just watch the bumpers for Bleach and leave the show in the background, but when the new stuff comes on, I'm busting out a glass of Lagavulin 16 and a little knowing nostalgia.

For this special case, I might just ride it to the end of the line, well, at least until it restarts.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I'm gonna try to stay up to watch the whole block even though I have to work in the morning. I'm DVRing Deadman and Casshern though, even though I'll watch them tonight, so I can actually give them better attention tomorrow.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
agila61

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:42 pm Reply with quote
Yes! Great news.

No chance I can grab the remote from my brother's hands at 12:30am Saturday evening, but I'll see if I can sneak Deadman Wonderland and Casshern Sins onto the DVR.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:45 pm Reply with quote
just mostly old shows. add the name toonami on those time block, it doesn't make any difference.
BigOnAnime
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:47 pm Reply with quote
Spotlesseden wrote:
just mostly old shows. add the name toonami on those time block, it doesn't make any difference.
Uh, it's Toonami's first "real" broadcast in 3 and a half years. Also remember, they don't got much money right now for lots more shows (They could only afford two).

They're starting from scratch basically. IIRC, Steve Blum is voicing TOM for free.
Pepperidge

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Jason DeMarco said on Twitter that the ratings have to double if the block has any hope of seriously growing. Make sure you watch! Cable and satellite boxes are accounted for in ratings these days too, so there's no excuse!

If this thing flops in the States, there's no way in hell the block (or anime in general) will ever see the light of day on Adult Swim Canada.
doubleO7

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Whooo! So excited! I'll at least stay up and watch through Casshern Sins, I'll DVR the rest and watch it later.

Its almost surreal, being able to see TOM on tv again. We stayed gold, and it paid off in the end Very Happy
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Thankfully I get Cartoon Network West so I can catch this at a more reasonable time (6 - 9am EST). Although, I will try to stay up til 12 just to feel a part of it. Honestly, I'm not in it for the shows - I'm in it for Tom and the Absolution. Sure, I'll watch the shows (excluding Casshern Sins since I have an unwatched copy of the combo set), but I just want to see Tom and some old school Toonami bumpers. Maybe, if we're lucky, some old school Toonami promos with Peter Cullen, too.
taco123

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:04 pm Reply with quote
ShanaFan852 wrote:
Spotlesseden wrote:
Uh, it's Toonami's first "real" broadcast in 3 and a half years. Also remember, they don't got much money right now for lots more shows (They could only afford two).

They're starting from scratch basically. IIRC, Steve Blum is voicing TOM for free.
This is just a completely misinterpreted statement from a tweet. DeMarco said Blum was voicing TOM out of love, to shoot down some of the idiots that were saying he wanted a job. Steve Blum is also a pretty popular VA in the industry. There's no way he wouldn't get paid at least something.
Eternal Lover

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:06 pm Reply with quote
Sucks to be a canadian at times like this. Does anyone know the schedule for Canadians and Ontarians?? Or is the same ~
taco123

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Eternal Lover wrote:
Sucks to be a canadian at times like this. Does anyone know the schedule for Canadians and Ontarians?? Or is the same ~
If your TV gets the American feed of CN then all times should be the same. As far as I know, there is no Canadian CN/AS right now so you should be seeing what we are.
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:48 pm Reply with quote
Let's see, the NBA conference finals, the UFC, and the Sox-Rays game, or exhausted reruns of anime and two new shows with poor ratings.

Not a hard choice.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 3:52 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
Let's see, the NBA conference finals, the UFC, and the Sox-Rays game, or exhausted reruns of anime and two new shows with poor ratings.

Not a hard choice.

You're right, it's not.

Give me Hamtaro or Bobobo over any type of sports anyday. And I HATED those shows. Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page   Next
Page 1 of 15