• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2006 Pokemon Movie Revealed

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grico

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 3:50 pm Reply with quote
They find a never before seen pokemon? Isn't that basic plot to all the movies and 99% of the episodes?
aluria

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:07 pm Reply with quote
Another movie? God, how many are they up to now and what's with the plot. They always find some new pokemon. Pokemon lost its edge years ago, haven't they learned that?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:14 pm Reply with quote
If kids want to see it and enjoy it then they'll watch it and do so. If you don't want to see it then you can, you know, not watch it or buy it. Obviously they aren't releasing it for people that hate it, if you were being forced to watch it then so be it but otherwise, why do you care?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Cheesemon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 4:28 pm Reply with quote
Isn't this almost the same plot as Pokemon 2000? And I thought the Pokemon Ranger stuff was done already in Pokemon 2005?

I stayed with Pokemon much longer than most, but I'm finally giving up after it shows no end and no attempt to change. I wish the movies would grow with the fans like Harry Potter's doing, but 4Kids influence on the Japanese studios is really making it impossible.

But eh, if kids like it and they're still making a lotta money from the movies over there, I can understand. I'd probably do the same if I was the studio exec that greenlights this stuff . . easy money, easy job. ^^
Buster Blader 126

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 5:19 pm Reply with quote
I've been a Pokemon fan much longer than most people, but I still enjoy watching the TV series and movies. I don't really mind Pokemon's repetitiveness and that it'll never seem to end. The anime IS meant to advertise, isn't it? So as long as the games & such still sell, the anime will still air.
mangod
SPAMMER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:36 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen the 8th movie yet, but that sounds cool. I will be waiting for them to translate it. It's supposed to be based ont the new Pokemon games coming out for the Nintendo DS in Japan.
Azumangaman

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 6:51 pm Reply with quote
Grico wrote:
They find a never before seen pokemon? Isn't that basic plot to all the movies and 99% of the episodes?

Well, yes and no. This is most certainly the same plot for the movies, but the show is actually pretty good (or at least it used to be). The only bad things about Pokemon are the games (for gamecube). That's it. Seriously. PLEASE stop laughing...
Hi no Neko

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:16 pm Reply with quote
Lugia has relatives?

And hey, I still like Pokemon. Granted, the newer episodes aren't spectacular, but it's still pretty darn good for a kid show.
Joe Mello

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Can you believe that this show has been around for 8 years now? It's been around about as long as Conan, and none of the currently-running Shonen Jump really comes close. That's saying something, don't you think?

The Advanced series actually has some good points to it (for all I've seen) but it would've been nice if the main party completely turned over.
Chrno2

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 8:42 pm Reply with quote
A new movie what did you expect? You knew that was coming. There isn't a year that goes by without the mention of a new movie. Hell, CN just showed the last recent one. The 'Destiny of Deoxys'. Those movies are probably the only time they break out the big guns budgetwise.

As long as there are children to entertain 'Pokemon' will never die until Japan says it's time to retire the cute yellow electric beast. Razz
starlightgenie

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 10:33 pm Reply with quote
I kinda stop keeping up with Pokemon a while ago, but I still want to watch any new movies out. The previous movies have always had a great story that amazes me at the end. I hope the new one does too! Anime hyper
minakichan

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 11:08 pm Reply with quote
Maybe I'm just stupid, but it sounded like the movie actually features a legendary Pokemon that, you know, isn't in the list of these-are-the-numbered-pokemon-we-know. OK, maybe I'm just stupid.

Every time there's a Pokemon article, someone's there to say "OMG LYK GIVE IT UP IT'S DEAD!" you'd think they'd learn or something...Kinda the same with Conan I suppose...(They better make Pokemon movie 10 uber extra special!)

Eight years...man, that induces nostalgia attacks...I feel old now...(I was what...nine years old? Dang...)
biolizard_alpha

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:06 am Reply with quote
Cheesemon wrote:
Isn't this almost the same plot as Pokemon 2000? And I thought the Pokemon Ranger stuff was done already in Pokemon 2005?

This is a tie-in with a new DS game called Pokemon Ranger.
jhuhn

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:21 pm Reply with quote
This will be Pokemon's 9th movie and hopefully, WB will get it for English in 2007 like they did with Pokemon's 7th and possibily 8th for 2006.

You notice that Pokemon on WB is about one year behind Japan's current episodes.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:28 pm Reply with quote
Cheesemon wrote:
4Kids influence on the Japanese studios is really making it impossible.

Since when did 4kids have any influence over them? As far as I can remember, it's all Nintendo's doing, and it's not as if japan can't produce the same thing over and over again.

To everyone else, well, some of them, eat a bowl of dicks because pokemon outdoes any year-long fad you happen to be writing homoerotic fanfiction to.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2