• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Berserk

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BERSERK EVA

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2003 8:59 pm Reply with quote
Will the company , Dark Horse I believe, be able to bring out the whole manga? They said they are bringing first 3 books out and if they sell well they will bring the rest out. What do you guys/girls think, do you think they will sell well? I love Berserk the anime. And i cant wait for the manga because people say the manga is better then the anime. The onlys thing is, people i talk to that are into anime dont recognize the name Berserk.
dhylec

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 9:37 am Reply with quote
heh i dont know about DH release but i know the manga is better than the anime -- it's longer thus more story..
the end of anime is just the start of gatts' quest Wink
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 2:28 pm Reply with quote
I'm worried that Dark horse wil edit it in some way, as far as I know I dont' think the manga is done yet in japan.
cyrax777

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 3:31 pm Reply with quote
SkullKnight wrote:
I'm worried that Dark horse wil edit it in some way, as far as I know I dont' think the manga is done yet in japan.

I doubt darkhorse will edit it they have already down the same level of violence in some of there american comics. and the manga is Still running in japan last volume was 25 irc.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Emerje

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Dark Horse really lives up to it's name. Their products are usually very dark and adult by nature, in some cases mature content.

These are the same people that brought us the Star Wars Manga, Ghost in the Shell, Oh My Goddess, Akira, and many, many other popular titles. They've been handling manga longer than many others have, they're by no means new to the medium.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 1:41 pm Reply with quote
don't forget that dh did edit out a naked seen in GITS. I wonder how there gonna do with berserk, it starts off that way I believe.
JELEINEN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 10:30 am Reply with quote
The problem with Berserk is that graphic violence isn't the only thing that could end up being edited. There are also rape scenes and scenes of very graphic sex through out the series. I'd say Berserk even goes beyond what you find in the Heavy Metal magazine. I fully expect DH/DM to do at least some editing on the series for the US release.
Legato 2057

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 3:29 pm Reply with quote
They should not edit it at all and release it like (TokyoPOP?) did for Batttle Royale. Seal it in plastic for the 18 and up crowd, which it chould be considering the content. Their are more than a few situations where children are subjected to sexual acts. As violent as Berserk is, the violence is not the most controversial aspect.
SkullKnight

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:31 pm Reply with quote
I completely forgot about the child abuse content. It was that King that Griffith did the unspeakable with to get the war chest. In the manga I can guess its worse. Confused I've read the first few chapters scanslated, I like how theres more info and alot more stuff happens before the flashback.
Legato 2057

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2003 7:42 pm Reply with quote
I've read up to vol 24, if you want to how bad it gets, just use PM or AIM Skullknight.
Magatsu

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2003 4:06 am Reply with quote
JELEINEN wrote:
The problem with Berserk is that graphic violence isn't the only thing that could end up being edited. There are also rape scenes and scenes of very graphic sex through out the series. I'd say Berserk even goes beyond what you find in the Heavy Metal magazine. I fully expect DH/DM to do at least some editing on the series for the US release.

Dark Horse DID leave Lone Wolf & Cub unedited with some sex and rape scenes but I hope they do the same for Berserk.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1