• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Nintendo to Release Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS Bundle in N. America

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Asrialys

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Tempting, but I kinda want an XL and was planning on getting Fire Emblem in physical form. Plus, would pre-ordering this at GameStop still be eligible for the artbook?
ZepysGirl

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 10:21 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone know what the "two player co-op gameplay" entails? I've searched around, but all I can find is info about how you can import your friends' created characters to play with. That's not "co-op" to me. :/
Expias

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:08 am Reply with quote
This was one of only two reasons I would buy a 3DS, so it looks like I'm gonna buy it.
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:02 am Reply with quote
The gamestop artbook I am assuming is like all the recent 3ds releases bundled with the game in a limited edition with a outer box. If thats whats included in this bundle I might actually buy this.
Tenbyakugon

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
The 3DS XL doesn't really even compare to the original size. At least for me, once I heard the screens were almost double the sizes, I needed to get one, especially because of me owning a DSi XL (which I DIDN'T buy for the screen size that time). The colors turned me off, and then I saw GameStop was selling a white/pink one, which attracted me because of it being mostly white (and I figured the pink coloring is an interesting accent for a guy). I picked it up and they gave me $70 for my flame red original 3DS, but that deal is beside the point...

If you don't already have a Nintendo 3DS, SPEND EXTRA and buy the 3DS XL. The 3D looks terrible anyway, but the screen-jumping effects work just a bit better because of the XL's larger screens. The room for your hands to play with feels comfortable -- I know for me, my hands felt scrunched when I would play my flame red original because of the body being small. And if you're a Pokémon fan, you're going to want it when Versions X and Y release in October.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:08 pm Reply with quote
I want the red 3DS Sad sucks that this one is blue--but the design looks unreal~
baadaku12345

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:11 am Reply with quote
This is kind of risky, what if I don't like the game (which is highly unlikely), then I'll be stuck with it on my 3DS with it forever! Surprised

But seriously, this is really awesome.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1