• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: FLCL returns to Adult Swim

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
v1cious

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2003 10:28 pm Reply with quote
Kane55686 wrote:
Cool

wow, now who saw that coming? Rolling Eyes
Ferquin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:19 am Reply with quote
Can we please turn off new membership? This is getting ridiculous! Evil or Very Mad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
cookie
Former ANN Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:51 am Reply with quote
Ferquin wrote:
Can we please turn off new membership? This is getting ridiculous! :evil:

no, we're an open board. anyone can join and post however they wish. however, we also retain the right to edit/delete posts and suspend user accounts.

a single post isn't enough of a reason to ban someone, IMO..

but it isn't appropriate to do "first posts" of this nature, not on ANN.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Animan

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:07 am Reply with quote
I just want to give my congratulations to Cartoon Network for the success of Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, and anime in general, on the network and adult swim.

Man, have times changed.
herbkir

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 1:29 am Reply with quote
FLCL's Oct. 20 return makes for some interesting scheduling possibilities. It would follow the Oct. 16 ending of the repeat run of the new Inuyasha 16-episode block now having its premiere run. If they do 2 back-to-back runs of FLCL like they did before, that will take them to Nov. 6. So now we've gotta see what AS is going to run in that midnight timeslot starting Nov. 10.

Also, if they do a repeat run of Blue Gender as expected, that run will end Oct. 30, so again, there'll be a slot opening up at 12:30 a.m. starting Nov. 3.

A possible scenario (based on rumors, nothing more) -- Another block of new Inuyasha episodes at midnight from the partially-dubbed 52-episode block (53-104) they are supposed to have purchased. And another brand-new anime acquisition (Chobits, perhaps?) in the 12:30 slot. That'd make one super start to the AS weeknight action block going into the Holiday Season. But who really knows? (AS does but they're not telling.) We'll just have to keep watching ANN. (^_*)
Rooboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:03 am Reply with quote
I didn't catch FLCL the first time, so I'll be sure to tune in this time around. If Chobits ever gets airtime on CN, than I will be glued to the TV just like I know many other people will be as well. I'm glad we are finally getting more exposure to anime on mainstream media other than Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh and such. Not that I have a problem with those shows, it's just that they don't appeal to me.
Samurai CDZ

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 9:21 am Reply with quote
This is very good news, maybe this time I'll get to watch the final episode.
Koenma

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:34 pm Reply with quote
I'm happy about the Fooly Cooly return. That's one of the few anime I've ever seen that made my eyes glued to the screen, and I never got to see the final episode. Anime cry
Emesis

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 6:25 pm Reply with quote
I feel really stupid now... I bought the DVDs(which were a complete rip-off) for this series, and now it's on TV... -_-

To tell the truth, I didn't find it all that humorous, and the randomness was occasionally dumb. I dunno, I guess I just spent too much time looking for the deeper meaning in it. I'm sure there's one somewhere Razz

It'd be cool if Chobits was on TV... It doesn't look that good to me, just looks like another "OMG cute stuff" type of show, but I could be wrong because a good amount of my friends seem to like it alot.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HarukoFanboy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2003 7:40 pm Reply with quote
Glee! I'm very happy to see this return. Twice wasn't enough. Hooray for Adult Swim.
v1cious

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 5:38 am Reply with quote
Emesis wrote:
It'd be cool if Chobits was on TV... It doesn't look that good to me, just looks like another "OMG cute stuff" type of show, but I could be wrong because a good amount of my friends seem to like it alot.

nope, pretty much dead on.
Falcon5768

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:38 pm Reply with quote
With FLCL on I think it would be cool to see them play a show like Excel Saga.
INHO its MUCH better than flcl while keeping the same humor.... plus it at least has some semblance of a plotline, granted its always take over the world via city F but still.
syr

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2003 6:48 pm Reply with quote
Emesis wrote:
I feel really stupid now... I bought the DVDs(which were a complete rip-off) for this series, and now it's on TV... -_-

To tell the truth, I didn't find it all that humorous, and the randomness was occasionally dumb. I dunno, I guess I just spent too much time looking for the deeper meaning in it. I'm sure there's one somewhere Razz

Big waste? If you didn't like the randomness you shouldn't have bought it, I agree, but I wouldn't call it a waste. They have a nicely presented dvd, and the extras are a real plus. Not to mention the notes and interviews in the leaflet. Also get to see the manga sequence.
Emesis

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I didn't really mind the randomness... I just didn't think it was funny. Although that manga scene was like the best thing ever Razz And the packaging looks extra super-cool too. The booklet... Eh, it was a little boring. Not really the kinda thing I'm interested in. But it was a nice touch.

Don't listen to me on my opinions on any humor anime though, I never laugh at anime Razz I have like 2 seasons of Ranma and I don't remember laughing even once, hehe.

I hated Excel Saga too... because it was just... just stupid. Probably because I didn't understand any of the in-jokes though, but it was just all so pointless.

Also, FLCL has alot more of a plot than Excel Saga Razz

I guess I should just, like, stay away from all humor anime. Razz
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1