• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Introductions / Meet ANN / Tell us about Yourself (w/ index).

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sphyre052

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:30 pm Reply with quote
Thank you very much...
Ah yes Aylinn, I like Pandora Hearts Very Happy
sorry for the short message I haven't use a forum before, but I'll try my best Anime smile
Aylinn, I hope we become friends Anime smile
keiwa11

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:05 pm Reply with quote
guildmaster wrote:

When you say Dead or Die, do you mean the OVA or the long series? They're both great, unfortunately I haven't come across anything quite like them yet.

I meant the long series, but now that you mention the OVAs, I don't remember them at all(don't know why). Think I'll watch them again.

Thanks for the recommendations, Mike.
Guess I'll start with Trigun, I feel like I've seen some of it though.
guildmaster

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:41 pm Reply with quote
You're welcome.

Of course I meant Read or die (bad fingers!)

There is a single disc Read or Die DVD which has the OVA on it. I takes place before R.O.D. the TV. and has some good backstory info. Yomiko is the main character, no paper sisters, but several of the other characters are in both.

I'm watching Trigun now - it just arrived. It has a good story line to it. One disc is bad so I'll have to exchange the set. I'd buy the original except for the bulk. the discs were batter made several years ago.
willoworacle14

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:46 am Reply with quote
Name: Elizabeth (Beth, or Liz, whatevs Anime hyper)
Sex: Female
Marital Status: >.> people?
Religion: Beth is supreme?
Drink/Smoke: Drink when its free Anime hyper
Likes: Music (playing), researching things, arguing (I'm very good lol), chillbangin with mates, baking!
Dislikes: People who smell weird
Favorite anime: Kuroshitsuji, Gosick etc...
Favorite game: Left for Dead 2
Fun facts about me: Musical instruments, don't know what it is but since I was a kid I've been able to play ANYTHING. Classically trained pianist (Trinity School of Music Grade....8? Advanced?), also had violin lessons but give me anything, Guitar, Double Bass, Flute (& Piccalo), Alto Sax, I even tried playing a harp once....but I was 9 and couldn't reach....

Australia people, feel free to message me! I only just moved here from New Zealand... (sheep jokes will be ignored (=.=))
DuskyPredator

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:35 am Reply with quote
Welcome to the forums willoworacle14, I myself was living in Sydney up till last year, now I am in Brisbane where anime shop sources are low. Now I am trying to figure out what chillbangin is, probably been a while since I heard that.
You could probably find some music anime since you are so into instruments, possibly of the tea time kind/

willoworacle14 wrote:
Australia people, feel free to message me! I only just moved here from New Zealand...

You are just asking for it.
willoworacle14 wrote:
(sheep jokes will be ignored (=.=))

I will be quite than. Razz Anime catgrin

And L4D2 is good, even if it is censored in aus.
willoworacle14

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:27 am Reply with quote
DuskyPredator wrote:
Welcome to the forums willoworacle14, I myself was living in Sydney up till last year, now I am in Brisbane where anime shop sources are low. Now I am trying to figure out what chillbangin is, probably been a while since I heard that.
You could probably find some music anime since you are so into instruments, possibly of the tea time kind/

willoworacle14 wrote:
Australia people, feel free to message me! I only just moved here from New Zealand...

You are just asking for it.
willoworacle14 wrote:
(sheep jokes will be ignored (=.=))

I will be quite than. Razz Anime catgrin

And L4D2 is good, even if it is censored in aus.

Thank you thank you thank you DuskyPredator n.n yes I love Sydney. Brisbane isn't as bad as New Zealand, I'm sure you'll find somewhere to spend all your billions n.n I used to drive 4hrs back home lol

Chillbangin' isn't THAT old >.> I'm not that far behind the times lol

Ohhhh music anime and me don't go Anime hyper I get angry if facts are wrong or sliiiiightly wrong, or if something's played in a different key lol i like stuff with a bit of blood & gore (eg: Deadman Wonderland?) Very Happy either that or stupid :O "DOES HE LOVE ME? OH NO WE CAN'T BE TOGEATHER!?" blahblahblah crappy crap lol - I'm a girl, I'm alowed n.n

Is L4D2 censored here?! Its not in NZ D; I haven't played in a few weeks (since I moved)
Kastel

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:54 am Reply with quote
My name is Kastel. I like to nosebleed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ignatz

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:47 am Reply with quote
Kastel wrote:

Best. Introduction. Ever. Laughing
guildmaster

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:06 am Reply with quote
Kastel wrote:

Like Kouta in Baka & Test? Wink
battlechili1

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:31 pm Reply with quote
Hey. I'm battlechili1. I'm new here. Well, to the forums, anyway. I figure in an introduction you might like to know a little about me, so....
I'm a HUGE anime fan. I got into anime late 2011, after a friend of mine showed me the games Super Smash Flash and Super Smash Flash 2. The second had Ichigo in it. It was the first I had seen of him I think, but I thought he was cool. I noticed his character had "Bleach" written as something related. I later noticed that Bleach was on Adult Swim, and I took a look at it and loved it almost instantly. Soon after, I saw Kekkaishi on as well, but thought it looked too "Japanese" and stopped watching. I however, asked my friends to look into anime, and they showed me Fullmetal Alchemist later on. I started to try and watch more anime on Adult Swim, and gave Kekkaishi another chance, and fell in love with it too. Soon, I started to grow bored of Bleach, and just as well, Durarara!! soon aired, and I was hooked on anime. Nowadays I watch a lot of Toonami on TV, but I watch anime elsewhere too.
My favorite anime are Gurren Lagann, Durarara!!, Bakemonogatari, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, and Death Note.

Other things about me:
I'm a pretty chill guy usually, however I cannot stand hatred of any sort, and as such, I have created a goal to eliminate all hatred from the face of the internet, hence why I like to call myself "The Hero of the Internet".

I love playing video games, some cartoons, Dr. Who, The Walking Dead, and partaking within the brony or furry fandom, as I am a brony and furry.

Video game wise, I'm a big fan of The Legend of Zelda series, and I also love Kingdom Hearts, Metal Gear Solid, Star Fox, and, more I love Final Fantasy XII.

Music wise, I enjoy progressive rock. I like 70s and 80s rock especially, and hair metal is nice. My favorite bands are: Kansas, Green Day, Weird Al, and AC/DC.

I also like a few American and French shows. The Legend of Korra, Sym-Bionic Titan, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Gravity Falls, Code Lyoko and Animaniacs.

Sorry if talking about myself annoys you.
If you have any questions, feel free to ask.
Also, feel free to comment on any of this.
Lakers24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:00 am Reply with quote
So I got into ANIME earlier this year through Toonami and I was told to go unto this site. I never took ANIME seriously but my friend was watching an episode of Naruto and thought it was pretty good so he began telling me more about the cartoons. When I got on this site I had a pretty good case of culture shock. The terminology and the various other types of ANIME were so different than anything I had seen before so I was reluctant to try anything. However, I found that ANIME is a misunderstood medium I was under the impression that everything was action oriented or had lots of service and bad plot. Now I know it's a lot fun to watch and I own about 6 different series on bluray.
Lakers24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:04 am Reply with quote
Im curious anyone else here thought ANIME was stupid before actually giving it a chance?
battlechili1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:22 am Reply with quote
Lakers24 wrote:
So I got into ANIME earlier this year through Toonami and I was told to go unto this site. I never took ANIME seriously but my friend was watching an episode of Naruto and thought it was pretty good so he began telling me more about the cartoons. When I got on this site I had a pretty good case of culture shock. The terminology and the various other types of ANIME were so different than anything I had seen before so I was reluctant to try anything. However, I found that ANIME is a misunderstood medium I was under the impression that everything was action oriented or had lots of service and bad plot. Now I know it's a lot fun to watch and I own about 6 different series on bluray.

Ha, I'm new here too as you can probably see from the post above yours. I didn't think anime looked dumb, but I sure wasn't into anime until recently. You say you got into anime through Toonami this year. What shows on Toonami do you watch, if any, because they air some cool shows? Anyways, welcome.
Ignatz

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:40 am Reply with quote
Lakers24 wrote:

It's actually a big problem. It sucks to know that when I tell people I love anime they think about shows like Naruto and Pokemon. While they aren't bad, they also aren't very mature ones. There's Berserk, Monster, Gankutsuou, Cowboy Bebop, Ergo Proxy and many other titles which may not look like serious stuff at first glance, but can actually deal with very heavy themes (for example, Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Mawaru Penguindrum, and even Kaiba). Why don't people think about those anime instead? Confused

Anyway, Lakers24, I see you wasn't very happy with the winter season, but I can honestly assure you that the winter season was one of the worst seasons I've seen in a long time. Don't base your opinion about anime entirely on one crappy season. I already listed some good shows, but I also recommend checking the whole anime spotlight archive if you want to be up to date with newest titles. Sadly, I watched 2 episodes of almost every show this season, and there's only one that caught my interest - Gargantia on the Verdurous Planet (Hataraku Maou-sama! is also kinda good, but I'm not really into comedy right now), so if anything, I recommend checking it out. Smile
Lakers24

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:33 am Reply with quote
I am watching Naruto and Soul Eater on Toonami everything else I watch on occasion. Yeah I thought all japanese cartoons were kiddy stuff or freaky tentacle stuff. I Actually I JUST finished Madoka Magica after a friend of mine recommended it to me the cover photo made it look really girly, boy was I wrong. I actually thought it was pretty damn good but had a terrible ending. I'm very tempted to buy the blurays but it's kind of pricey so I'm still not sure. Yeah I saw last seasons line and it was pretty awful but right now I'm watching Attack on Titan, the devil is a part time and Valvrave the Liberator.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 181 of 233