• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Bang Zoom Announces Open Auditions at Anime Expo for an Upcoming Anime Title

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MadMan400096

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:04 pm Reply with quote
I'd have to guess this "highly anticipated" title is something from either Aniplex of America or Viz Media, possibly Sentai Filmworks (someone on ToonZone suggested AOA's Valvrave the Liberator).
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger My Anime
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Very curious to see what this title will be. It's funny, I kinda hacked on Crimson Star for holding open auditions for primary roles at a con for the anime they've just licensed...maybe that's not as uncommon a practice as I thought?
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:20 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:
I'd have to guess this "highly anticipated" title is something from either Aniplex of America or Viz Media, possibly Sentai Filmworks (someone on ToonZone suggested AOA's Valvrave the Liberator).

Far too soon for Valvrave. My guess would be that Neon Alley picked up the streaming rights for Magi and they're going to be working on it.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:29 pm Reply with quote
Blood- wrote:
Very curious to see what this title will be. It's funny, I kinda hacked on Crimson Star for holding open auditions for primary roles at a con for the anime they've just licensed...maybe that's not as uncommon a practice as I thought?

I think Bang Zoom does this at major cons every year.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:34 pm Reply with quote
MadMan400096 wrote:

If it's a Sentai title, I'm gonna go out way out on a limb and say Girls und Panzer. Sleeper hit of its season that just finished releasing its last Blu-Ray volume in Japan, massive cast (mostly consisting of relative novices in the original Japanese, no less). It's certainly possible, though an AoA or Viz title would be far more likely.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1