• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Yui Horie, Shin Furukawa, Ai Kayano Lead Golden Time Cast

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shitsux

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:53 am Reply with quote
Hopefully this is more Railgun S and less Sakurasou. J.C. Staff is really erratic in quality at times, and I don't think it's necessarily their director's fault.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:26 am Reply with quote
I hope this is more like Pet Girl and less like Railgun S***. The fandom is really erratic at times in knowing what's good and what isn't. I'm liking the pedigree, the setting and the idea the female lead is already in a committed college relationship.

Still, "Golden Time"? Should I ready my rose tinted glasses to watch some guy's college regrets done as an anime series?
Tr1ckR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:44 am Reply with quote
I hope it isn't like either of them lol
Blazaking

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:03 am Reply with quote
You're all silly, Railgun S and Sakurasou are both great in quality.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:07 am Reply with quote
The voice actor for Banri Tada should be Makoto Furukawa according to his official profile. I'm in the process of correcting the encyclopedia entries related to him, since some of his credits had been entered as "Shin" in the past.

Blazaking wrote:

I happen to really love both of them too.
Tr1ckR

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote
Blazaking wrote:

If we are talking about quality then yes i agree. But personally for me i found those series to be average in enjoyment.

Last edited by Tr1ckR on Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
configspace

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:11 am Reply with quote
So basically, romantic drama except set in college.

An advantage for animators about having the setting in highschool or junior high is that the clothing most of the time remains the same. Having it set in college means having to vary the clothing a bit.
stardf29

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:18 am Reply with quote
You know, as much as I love Sakurasou, I hope Golden Time isn't like it. Nor do I want Golden Time to be like Railgun S.

I want Golden Time to be like Golden Time.

That is to say, let it be its own show, rather than trying to be too much like any other show (even Toradora!).

That aside, yay for Hocchan as the female lead!
shitsux

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:37 am Reply with quote
Considering the bd sales of sakurasou being at ~2400 per volume and the lower than expected Railgun S sales, J.C. Staff should be able to recuperate their losses with golden time and little busters this fall. (Considering that little busters will have guaranteed sales no matter the quality of the adaptation)

I was looking forward to J.C. Staff pulling a gonzo and almost going bankrupt, but they should be fine. I'm still angry that a competent studio didn't adapt LB. Anime cry
bunnyrice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:55 am Reply with quote
Yay for Hocchan as the heroine! I'm sure she'll be spot-on as the oddball that is Kouko. Though, isn't JC pushing Hocchan a bit too much lately? She's been in literally one of their shows every season...

That said, I'm not so sure Golden Time will sell enough to pay itself let alone help recover the debt, it's probably most meant to boost LN sales. Sakurasou only sold that little because of the kimchi scandal, too; I actually find it to be one of JC's best quality series, and it could very well have earned them profit otherwise.

By the way, Takemiya is a woman, so the worst that can happen is it being some gal's college regrets in anime form, lol. But I've read some of the novel and all of the Japanese manga up to now and it's pretty decent, at least better than Toradora! for me.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:05 am Reply with quote
shitsux wrote:
Considering the bd sales of sakurasou being at ~2400 per volume and the lower than expected Railgun S sales

Lower than expected sales of Railgun S??? Expected by who? It sold about 80% of Season 1 which is as expected for a second season.

Golden Time is by the same author as Toradora so expect it to more like that rather than Sakurasou. It will be NOTHING like Railgun.
stardf29

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:33 am Reply with quote
bunnyrice wrote:
Yay for Hocchan as the heroine! I'm sure she'll be spot-on as the oddball that is Kouko. Though, isn't JC pushing Hocchan a bit too much lately? She's been in literally one of their shows every season...

Considering that she's been in very little outside of JC Staff stuff, they can push her all they want as far as I'm concerned.

(Also, she wasn't in either of their Spring 2013 shows, Henneko or Railgun S.)
zensunni

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 9:35 am Reply with quote
The director of one of my all time favorites, Otome Youkai Zakuro; One of my favorite seiyuus, Yui Horie, doing the lead character, who is also one of my favorites (from the light novels and manga); One of the best in the business, Ai kayano, voicing the other main female character, Linda-sempai (also known as Nana Hayashida); One of my favorite light novel authors; A story I love! This is close to perfection! I can't wait!
Megiddo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:32 pm Reply with quote
I can't do another amnesia show. And given how poorly Toradora's characters maintained consistency I'll probably just outright skip this one.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:19 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:

An advantage for animators about having the setting in highschool or junior high is that the clothing most of the time remains the same. Having it set in college means having to vary the clothing a bit.

And they can't merchandise a high school uniform costume.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1