• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Illumitoon & Westlake Acquire Bobobo-Bo Bo-Bobo

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
domino

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:06 pm Reply with quote
Does this mean Bobobo DVDs in 2007?

If this means we finally get a subbed version of Bobobo, I'm excited. If these are dub-only releases, then... meh.

The dub is still kind of funny, but the original version is a lot better (Koyasu Takehito as Bobobo screaming like a lunatic = priceless).

It's nice to know that the US market hasn't completely forgotten about poor Bobobo, though. The other Shonen Jump works on Cartoon Network (One Piece, Bleach, Naruto) all have manga and games and publicity, but Bobobo has just been sitting on the side with only one measly manga volume released (and it wasn't even volume 1) in over a year.

So I hope the subbed version and manga finally make their way to the states~
Spikemcruffy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:31 pm Reply with quote
jj

Last edited by Spikemcruffy on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:05 pm Reply with quote
I wish they would release the rest of the manga.
Nermal

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:20 pm Reply with quote
YES...another thing to look forward to spending money on. I haven't watched the dubbed version on CN, but I did thoroughly enjoy the handful of subbed episodes I watched. It was so out there I felt like it killed some of my brain cells.
arxane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:36 pm Reply with quote
Super Ska Master wrote:
I wish they would release the rest of the manga.

Viz said they'd release more volumes if the "trial volume" they released was good enough in sales. Apparently, it didn't do so hot (which isn't too suprisingly, since they released volume 9 first!).

Maybe if the DVDs sell well enough, Viz might give the manga another shot...maybe...
hikaru393

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:43 pm Reply with quote
i thought viz had the show how can they release dvd's and if they can does that mean they can work out a deal to get zatch bell uncut.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
arxane

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:53 pm Reply with quote
hikaru393 wrote:
i thought viz had the show how can they release dvd's and if they can does that mean they can work out a deal to get zatch bell uncut.

Viz never had licensed the anime series. Someone asked Viz about that several months ago, and they said Toei owned the rights. Illumitoon got the rights from Toei. Viz still owns the rights to Zatch Bell.
GATSU

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:05 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad it got picked up, but I hope there's a demand for the show. If anyone at Illumitoon's listening, I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate if you got the home video rights to Precure. Wink
YamiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:28 pm Reply with quote
Excellent! My friends and I had been despairing of ever seeing Bobobo on DVD, but now we shall rejoice!
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:09 pm Reply with quote
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, at Comic-con Viz said Toei had the Bobobo anime & when the Toei dvds all fell apart recently I had started despairing of ever seeing Bobobo. Indeed, not if they will just release it subbed as well as dubbed. THey did that pop-over thing for Ronin Warriors & MediaBlasters is doing the either/or on Tekkaman. THe English is fun, but I love Takehito Koyasu's work.

Want the manga? Write Viz. I asked at comic-con after the Kenshin author session direct to the mgr I thought was in charge & he directed me to someone else(& of course I've forgotten the name), but if you want Bobobo, e-mail them(Richard, was it? I'm horrid with names)-I'm sure they'll get forwarded tro the proper person. I do remember he asked me to please do it so I was under the impresssion he would really like to see more Bobobo released, but he's running into opposition higher up. I got the impression when the subject came up over on the major info session the day prior that the over-all impression of Bobobo is pretty poor just for how strange it is.
Super Ska Master

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:17 pm Reply with quote
I did write Viz a while back. That was when I went through my Bobobo phase where it was my obsession. Now I stopped watching it. I would buy the bootlegged series on Ebay if it was subbed though. Smile I would get the mangas too.
Malintex Terek

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Denbo on DVD. The thought is making me drool. Shocked
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:15 am Reply with quote
Both me and my boyfreind are huge fans... I bet he's going to scream when I tell him the news...
InuyashaMilk1717

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:34 am Reply with quote
Does this mean where gonna get some god damn Bobobo DVDs that aren't the CN Dub version only.
Steventheeunuch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:00 am Reply with quote
InuyashaMilk1717 wrote:
Does this mean where gonna get some god damn Bobobo DVDs that aren't the CN Dub version only.

No one has said that. All we know is that we are getting Bo^7 on DVD, nothing more, nothing less.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2