• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cartoon Network to Run Pokémon the Movie: Genesect, XY Anime Sneak Peek

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
malvarez1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:50 am Reply with quote
Well, I'll be watching the movie. The trailer looks good, and I'm liing the animation. Genesect looks pretty cool, too.
Emma Iveli

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote
Having a special preview reminds me of when Pokemon Advanced had a special preview because the dub wasn't as close to getting there...

Although this time, it's because the games come out the same day as Japan... not because they... I have no idea why they couldn't speed up the dub even slightly...

And all that happened 10 years ago... man I'm feeling old...
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:00 pm Reply with quote
How will they be able to dub the XY episodes so fast since they're airing on the 17th in Japan?
Asrialys

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:10 pm Reply with quote
TsukasaElkKite wrote:
How will they be able to dub the XY episodes so fast since they're airing on the 6th in Japan?

I thought it was the 17th?

Anyway, the US is only 10 episodes behind Japan right now. Who knows how many of the 13 remaining BW episodes have completed recording. And this is just a preview. Special permissions may have been granted to get the two episodes and scripts completed faster to give them to the US production company. It's not we'll be getting a simuldub like Black God.

Last edited by Asrialys on Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:20 pm; edited 2 times in total
ninjapet

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Glad I'm not the only one who remembers the special preview they did for Pokemon advanced and how it's kinda like this.

I'm kinda interested to see how they can pull this off. Having the dub air as soon as the Japanese ver and only have a few months of buffer time after.
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Why isn't it called Extremespeed Genesect? I get not calling it Godspeed Genesect, but the official English name for that attack is Extremespeed, and so I'm not sure why they dropped it completely.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hojo 360

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:17 pm Reply with quote
This just shows that animes back up on the high road Very Happy i was thinking it be a cold day in hell before CN start doing things like this again. Its starting to feel like the early 2000s for anime again and i like it
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:51 pm Reply with quote
It's very clear they dub the episodes before they air in Japan. No wonder the voice actors sign non-disclosure agreements for content IN THE SHOW (usually, they only sign it before it's announced and they can talk about the show's plots freely after the cat's out of the bag). Once upon a time, it was standard for them to be about a year behind.
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:10 pm Reply with quote
From what I recall, the Pokemon Company International has shown footage of episodes yet to air in Japan in trailers and what not, so it's obvious they've been getting in the materials in before they air in Japan. It was just a question of whether or not the dubbing was ahead of the Japanese airing or not, but this seems to support they're ahead in dubbing.
Ambimunch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:31 pm Reply with quote
From the summaries online of the film, this is the final movie of gen 5. The next film will take place in Kalos. Its crazy how fast these years flew by--I remember watching the zoroark movie as the finale to D/P, and it feels as if it happened recently, but we're already in 6th gen.
R. Glover

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:04 pm Reply with quote
STILL ain't watching CN/Adult Swim/Boomerang. I'm still reeling from when they just took DC Nation off the air last Oct. 13 and postponed it until January. Also, if you have Boomerang, you should know it's been airing newer stuff recently since Stuart Snyder became CEO of Cartoon Network in 2007, including Pokémon The Movie: Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice. Also, CN/Adult Swim airs EVERYTHING in widescreen now. If you've watched Pokémon on Boomerang, you'll see they've aired the first 13 seasons already (Indigo-Sinnoh League Victors). XY will be the 17th season of Pokémon.

Last edited by R. Glover on Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 3:21 pm Reply with quote
I'm thrilled to see what seems to be the last Pokemon movie of Black & White. This will be my chance to see how powerful Genesect's Techno Blast is against its enemies. Smile
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 5:05 pm Reply with quote
cool cant wait to watch it
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:06 pm Reply with quote
TPCI originally posted this video, instead of the Genesect trailer. They then removed it.
BonusStage

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:34 pm Reply with quote
The King of Harts wrote:
Why isn't it called Extremespeed Genesect? I get not calling it Godspeed Genesect, but the official English name for that attack is Extremespeed, and so I'm not sure why they dropped it completely.

They always change the names of the movies and shows in the dub that's nothing new. Frankly it was dumb people were calling the Japanese title "Extremespeed Genesect" when it was clearly Godspeed Genesect Confused
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2