• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New Sailor Moon Anime by Toei to Premiere in July

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:22 pm Reply with quote
And it's truly confirmed for this July! Hot damn!
ZodiacBeast

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:23 pm Reply with quote
Damn, finally! Thank you Toei!
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Series Script Supervisor: Yūji Kobayashi (scripts on Saint Seiya Omega, Smile Precure!)

That doesn't sound good for those (like me) who hoped for a faithful manga adaptation Confused
It seems we'll get a brand new story, with maybe a new generation of senshi and lots of transformations
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:25 pm Reply with quote
Summer's going to be a blast this year, I can tell you that. FSN remake debuting too I believe.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:27 pm Reply with quote
Its mainly Precure people working on this... not really a surprise though.
Blazaking

I'm not going to let my guard down until they show a PV.
zeo1fan

Nodz wrote:
Quote:
Series Script Supervisor: Yūji Kobayashi (scripts on Saint Seiya Omega, Smile Precure!)

That doesn't sound good for those (like me) who hoped for a faithful manga adaptation Confused
It seems we'll get a brand new story, with maybe a new generation of senshi and lots of transformations

Wait, wait, wait. What gives you the impression that it'll be a new generation of Senshi? And why do you want to see the same old story again? Also keep in mind that Naoko Takeuchi is heavily involved here.
puppy1843e

Whoo~ Just in time for my birthday! Very Happy
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:30 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Its mainly Precure people working on this... not really a surprise though.

Though it is appropriate especially since they got the Suite Precure director on board.
penguintruth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Kotono Mitsuishi and Tohru Furuya, please.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Tenchi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:32 pm Reply with quote
The big question is, will it only be on NicoNico or is it getting terrestrial broadcasts in Japan as well?

Because if a new freaking Sailor Moon anime can't get a terrestrial broadcast, I'd be a little worried as to the quality of the final product. But it may just be that they aren't ready to announce broadcasters yet.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:34 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
The big question is, will it only be on NicoNico or is it getting terrestrial broadcasts in Japan as well?

Because if a new freaking Sailor Moon anime can't get a terrestrial broadcast, I'd be a little worried as to the quality of the final product. But it may just be that they aren't ready to announce broadcasters yet.

Broadcast schedule for a Summer anime likely wouldn't be announced until June, so its far too early to worry about that.
Nodz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:35 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Nodz wrote:
Quote:

Wait, wait, wait. What gives you the impression that it'll be a new generation of Senshi? And why do you want to see the same old story again? Also keep in mind that Naoko Takeuchi is heavily involved here.

Well, Precure and Omega are completely brand new tv material, if they hire a guy who used to write for both shows, one can assume that's why he was hired for the new Sailor Moon gig.

The same old story again??? Are you aware that the true manga story was never really animated?
And yes, it's that wonderful story i'd like to see made into an anime instead of some HeartCatch Sailor Moon Omega...
Araki

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
Quote:

That means absolutely nothing. Every anime, regardless of being an adaptation, has a head writer, you know.

Yūji Kobayashi doesn't even have experience as a head writer to make a series from scratch, having written just a few random episodes for other shows.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:37 pm Reply with quote
Nodz wrote:
zeo1fan wrote:
Nodz wrote:
Quote:

Well, Precure and Omega are completely brand new tv material, if they hire a guy who used to write for both shows, one can assume that's why he was hired for the new Sailor Moon gig.

The same old story again??? Are you aware that the true manga story was never really animated?
And yes, it's that wonderful story i'd like to see made into an anime instead of some HeartCatch Sailor Moon Omega...

The dude has never even written a full show before, only specific episodes. You're assuming far too much based on a few random jobs he's been able to get in the past.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 1 of 6