• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Irregular at Magic High School Anime's New Ads, More of Cast Unveiled

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:48 pm Reply with quote
Ah, more ADs and character designs. Less than 3 more months to go till premiere.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:03 pm Reply with quote
Strange Mayumi isn't included in the lineup. She is a more prominent character than Hattori and Katsuo.
neji3994

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:28 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
Strange Mayumi isn't included in the lineup. She is a more prominent character than Hattori and Katsuo.

Actually Mayumi is on the lineup but I don't know why they didn't put her here... Saegusa Mayumi be voiced by Hanazawa Kana, Kitahara Suzune will be voiced by Nakahara Mai and Nakajou Azusa will be voiced by Ogasawara Saki acording to 0takomu
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:31 pm Reply with quote
Well, the new ads didn't do much to alter my presumption. It'll have nice music, at least? And these outfits, at least, don't leave the characters open to fanservice? Unless this show is moe, in which case it'll be worse than I can possibly imagine.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:34 pm Reply with quote
neji3994 wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Actually Mayumi is on the lineup but I don't know why they didn't put her here... Saegusa Mayumi be voiced by Hanazawa Kana, Kitahara Suzune will be voiced by Nakahara Mai and Nakajou Azusa will be voiced by Ogasawara Saki acording to 0takomu

Although 0takomu listed Mayumi Saegusa, Suzune Ichihara, and Azusa Nakajō, neither the anime's official site nor the new commercial list them.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:35 pm Reply with quote
neji3994 wrote:

None of them are listed on the official site, though.

zeo1fan wrote:
And these outfits, at least, don't leave the characters open to fanservice?

Due to a world wide climate drop, social norms changed to favour non-revealing clothing.

While not non-existant, there's barely any fanservice in the novels. The anime should follow suit assuming they're going to adapt it faithfully.
zeo1fan

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
neji3994 wrote:

zeo1fan wrote:

Due to a world wide climate drop, social norms changed to favour non-revealing clothing.

While not non-existant, there's barely any fanservice in the novels. The anime should follow suit assuming they're going to adapt it faithfully.

I guess we should be grateful for global warming, then. Laughing
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 5:35 pm Reply with quote
zeo1fan wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:
neji3994 wrote:

zeo1fan wrote:

I guess we should be grateful for global warming, then. Laughing

Laughing
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:53 pm Reply with quote
Who else thinks Hunter X Hunter Fans might like this?

This work has that in depth explanation of how everything works in great detail that I have only found in Hunter X Hunter and his Nen system.

I am kind of surprised about Mari though, I figured she would have light brown, or something other than black for hair color. I kind of expected her to have a similar color to Erika for some reason dont know why.

So how much is this going to cover, through Blanche or 9 schools comp?
Nayu

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:04 am Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:
neji3994 wrote:

zeo1fan wrote:

Well, if we get the tournament arc, there is room for some fanservice, but we're talking the same sort of fanservice you get from say olympic athletes.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:02 pm Reply with quote
Nayu wrote:
Vaisaga wrote:

Well, if we get the tournament arc, there is room for some fanservice, but we're talking the same sort of fanservice you get from say olympic athletes.

Well, the Japanese could do that as well as anyone! Laughing
Sinbad96

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:53 pm Reply with quote
Wish they followed the manga character design.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1