• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Akame ga Kill TV Anime to Air for Half a Year

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 11:23 pm Reply with quote
So a 2 cour show huh? Nice.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Kougeru

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:20 am Reply with quote
Ill watch almost anything with Yukari Tamura, Mamiko Noto and to a slightly less degree, Mikako Komatsu. All 3 will probably get at least 9 eps from me
ShatteredWorld

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 8:51 am Reply with quote
I'll more than likely watch this, especially since I haven't read the manga yet and this would be a great precursor Very Happy
Ramstiam

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:00 am Reply with quote
Yes yes yes, almost to good to be true! Very Happy think they can make it pretty far of the manga with 50+ episodes!
DRosencraft

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:34 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Yes yes yes, almost to good to be true! Very Happy think they can make it pretty far of the manga with 50+ episodes!

Two cours is half a year, which is only 26 or so episodes unless they plan to run two episodes a week.

Here's a bit of a spoiler, spoiler[you shouldn't get attached to about a third of the characters listed there in the article since they won't last long at all.]

I was cautiously optimistic about this series at the announcement. I am a little more optimistic now they don't have to rush quite as much to get the story in. I just hope they're patient enough not to push past the manga with this anime and wait the time it will take for the manga to fill itself out to the point another season can be made.
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:36 am Reply with quote
Ramstiam wrote:

It will be 24-26 episodes, not 50+ unfortunately.... I'll watch this probably but I don't really know much about it.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 3:15 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like there's plenty of story then if there's enough for 50+, so at least it's at least starting out with 24-26 for a first season rather than 12-13. Hopefully this means they won't have to rush as much as a lot of those shows do while still appealing for a second season.

I'm looking forward to it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1