• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid Manga Gets TV Anime

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:20 pm Reply with quote
Awesome news. I can't wait to watch the movie either. Also, I hope it will be a 2 cour.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
If anything, Force should be better as a TV anime and they can just slap an R rating onto it. But Vivid... why??
malvarez1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:21 pm Reply with quote
After all these years, a new season!

Fans should be proud; I bet the films and TV show Blu-rays sold a lot!

And yikes, I have only seen the first season!
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
After all these years, a new season!

Fans should be proud; I bet the films and TV show Blu-rays sold a lot!

And yikes, I have only seen the first season!

I would recommend the 2nd season for you, as any other Nanoha fan would. I personally find the 3rd season better than the 1st season (in terms of the TV series), but a lot of people think otherwise.

If you find that watching through 13 episodes of the 2nd season is too much of a hassle, you can watch the recap movie with better animation, further explanations of the background, at the same time sacrificing a few other less-important plotlines.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:26 pm Reply with quote
MasterGhost wrote:
If anything, Force should be better as a TV anime and they can just slap an R rating onto it. But Vivid... why??

Given all the nudity in Vivid, it should get an R rating too Laughing

But yeah, Force would be better since it's a meatier story, but alas. Vivid's basically just wall to wall fanservice. Not that that's necessarily a problem, of course.

There was also a fan that announced Dog Days 3 for January. I'm much more excited about that.
Panon

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:30 pm Reply with quote
Great news, long over due.

MasterGhost wrote:

Because Vivid is the good manga of the two
MasterGhost

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:36 pm Reply with quote
Vaisaga wrote:

There was also a fan that announced Dog Days 3 for January. I'm much more excited about that.

But still no news of The Movie 3rd: Reflection. Crying or Very sad Wonder why they have kept the project so secretive over this half a year since its announcement.

Panon wrote:

I wasn't praising Force's manga, actually. The characters were a big mess and that really distracted me from the manga. I mean, in terms of overall plot and tone, Force seems better than Vivid in being adapted into an anime. Because having Vivid after Nanoha -> A's -> StrikerS is just going into lighter and softer territory.

Last edited by MasterGhost on Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jajanken

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Un ex pec ted
Kruszer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Good to see more Lyrical Nanoha on the way. I'm still waiting for the 3rd movie though.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:42 pm Reply with quote
Out of curiosity, does anyone out there know why the series was dropped after the second season in North America? It seems to have a solid fan base in the States. I would guess that Geneon going bankrupt may have had something to do with it but there have been (thankfully) so many Geneon license rescuses, that I'm guessing there's more to the story? Or maybe it was just a flop over here?
jesusalcala11

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
Great news, long over due.

MasterGhost wrote:

Although that is your personal opinion (I enjoyed Force more), I am willing to bet that Vivid would sell a whole lot better than Force, based on its cuteness. Also, both series would get an R rating for their large amounts of nudity.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
here-and-faraway wrote:
Out of curiosity, does anyone out there know why the series was dropped after the second season in North America? It seems to have a solid fan base in the States. I would guess that Geneon going bankrupt may have had something to do with it but there have been (thankfully) so many Geneon license rescuses, that I'm guessing there's more to the story? Or maybe it was just a flop over here?

I heard that 7 Arcs was annoyed with how their in house shows were handled with the geneon fall out, so I am fairly sure they have yet allowed a in house show like StrikeS or Dog Days a NA license.

But that's mostly rumor, from the net.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Actar

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:48 pm Reply with quote
Oh God. Are they just going to keep going till we see Nanoha and Fate in a Retirement Home?

As a huge detractor of the StrikerS season, I really want to see more stories focused on the original cast as opposed to the "supporting cast", most of whom I have no emotional attachment with.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Finally, after waiting for so many years, the Vivid Manga of MGL Nanoha is going to be an anime show...
I wonder if this means the folks will finally be able to see Nanoha and Fate's yuri relation in action? Smile
Hoppy800

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I like the Vivid Manga, definitely watching, but Force sucks hard.

Dog Days 3 in January, my wallets deader than dead.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4