• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: anohana/Toradora Main Staff Reunites For 2015 Anime Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:50 pm Reply with quote
I'm kinda curious to see what this will be about. It's been a long time since I've seen Anohana....
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:07 pm Reply with quote
I am excited about this new movie. I hope they do a bit of a time leap forward and spoiler[we see what happened to the characters after they graduate from High School]. In my opinion the 2013 movie did a good job setting up for a continuation of the story.

Above all, I hope the new movie is good and that it has all new material.
configspace

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
I am excited about this new movie. I hope they do a bit of a time leap forward and spoiler[we see what happened to the characters after they graduate from High School].

That would be great because I too would like to see that. But from the description, it doesn't sound like a sequel to AnoHana.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 11:30 pm Reply with quote
Thank you moetron for telling me this this morning and having no one believe me >.>

As long as it's the 70% as good I'll be happy. Still a real shame Aniplex got the movie with their unrealistic prices instead of NIS
wohdin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:13 am Reply with quote
Yeah, this is original work, not related to either AnoHana or Toradora. They just mentioned those titles because of the staff makeup.

Prepare for max feels.
Ali07

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:22 am Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
In my opinion the 2013 movie did a good job setting up for a continuation of the story.

While I hope that this is a sequel for AnoHana, there's nothing that really says it is. Yeah, I guess you can look at the mention of the image being on the AnoHana site and that the movie will be based in the same location and think that it'll be a sequel...but I'm just going to hold back.

Really want it to be a sequel where we can actually see how the AnoHana characters move on, but I'll stick to being cautious and look at this being a new project for now. Don't want to get my hopes up.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:31 am Reply with quote
The article says that it is set in the same prefecture as Anohana... other than that, it has nothing to do with it, or Toradora. That's what I'm excited about. I want a new piece of work that doesn't piggyback off of either of those shows... Hurray for original works!
shiranehito

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:33 am Reply with quote
It's really weird if they're gonna do a completely new original story but posted the announcement in anohana event / website.
I really like anohana but if they're gonna make sequel honestly I don't know what kind of story will it be. Either way, I'm really pumped up especially with these staffs of stars.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:53 am Reply with quote
wohdin wrote:
Yeah, this is original work, not related to either AnoHana or Toradora. They just mentioned those titles because of the staff makeup.

Prepare for max feels.

But if you think about it AnoHana anime is practically an original work in of it self. I just borrowed the characters and some other aspects from the manga but the rest is basically an original work. The manga was actually about adolescent relations between the friends and the sexual tensions that come with puberty, or so I heard that is how it is in a summary of the manga.

So, in the ends AnoHana anime is essentially an original work. So, it fallows that the story could be continued. Just saying.
relyat08

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:02 am Reply with quote
Rinkwolf wrote:
wohdin wrote:

Prepare for max feels.

But if you think about it AnoHana anime is practically an original work in of it self. I just borrowed the characters and some other aspects from the manga but the rest is basically an original work. The manga was actually about adolescent relations between the friends and the sexual tensions that come with puberty, or so I heard that is how it is in a summary of the manga.

So, in the ends AnoHana anime is essentially an original work. So, it fallows that the story could be continued. Just saying.

I don't think that's what wohdin meant. The article cites this movie as being an "original work". Meaning that it is not related story-wise to either Toradora or Anohana. Whether or not those stories were based off of some other source material is irrelevant. This movie is supposed to be a stand-alone story that doesn't have any relation to either of them other than sharing its location with Anohana(and having some of the same staff).
luffypirate

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 8:16 am Reply with quote
Nagai Tatsuyuki, Okada Mari, and Tanaka Masayoshi are a modern day dream team for the medium. I eagerly await more details! Chichibu, Saitama is indeed gorgeous. The local bridge and shrine make wonderful settings. The anohana TV OP by Nagai-san did a fantastic job at highlighting them.
Chiibi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:42 am Reply with quote
AnoHana/Toradora STAFF?

Oh yes, please.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 12:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
...Mari Okada will handle the script...

Oh gawd. Brace yourselves people.
shamisen the great

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:11 am Reply with quote
I think people are far too hard on Okada. She has been involved in many excellent projects including the greatness that is Anohana and Toradora. I do tend to gravitate towards angst and melodrama admittedly.
dtm42

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:37 am Reply with quote
^
Okada's initial vision for Anohana was for it to be an ecchi comedy and she had to be overruled. Imagine if she had got her way; Anohana would have been just another weak and forgettable show that fell by the wayside. It certainly wouldn't have been as emotionally strong as it was.

And don't get me started on Toradora!.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2