• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Tokyo Ghoul:re Manga to Launch This Month

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SweetCoconut

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 4:55 am Reply with quote
Finally, confirmed.
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:33 am Reply with quote
Not that I am complaining this is restarting, since I heard that the manga ended with a lot of open questions, but what is the deal with mangakas ending their series only to restart them a month or so later (the other series that comes to mind right now is Kuroko no Basket).

Is there a reason? (I am genuinely curious, not trying to bitch or anything).
cloud8100

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:47 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:
Not that I am complaining this is restarting, since I heard that the manga ended with a lot of open questions, but what is the deal with mangakas ending their series only to restart them a month or so later (the other series that comes to mind right now is Kuroko no Basket).

Think it's just how they divide part 1 and 2 lately.

I'm hoping Kaneki will be in it again.
ss4chris

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 5:56 am Reply with quote
sooo.. sequel? what was the point in ending the manga then? lol brain storm ideas? Razz
DoggedSpy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:16 am Reply with quote
cloud8100 wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

I'm hoping Kaneki will be in it again.

A great example of this would be The Breaker (1st Part) and The Breaker New Waves (2nd Part). The story changes greatly between these two parts. So with this in mind I expect (from past experience) the story to focus on something completely different to the first part of Tokyo Ghoul. Certain Characters May become less important and show up less in the series?
Sakurazuka_Reika

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:30 am Reply with quote
cloud8100 wrote:
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

I wonder if this will cause problems with the licensing. Will Viz have to buy another one to continue the English release?

Ugh, my brain just loves to overthink stuff....
ShanaChanTT

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:46 am Reply with quote
sooo is this a sequel or something completely different? confirmation please Razz
MeladTheBad

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:34 am Reply with quote
Tokyo Dove, The sequel to Tokyo Ghoul ???? watch the full video it's truly UNRAVELING
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GHAtSwd29M
cloud8100

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 7:57 am Reply with quote
Sakurazuka_Reika wrote:

I wonder if this will cause problems with the licensing. Will Viz have to buy another one to continue the English release?

Ugh, my brain just loves to overthink stuff....

I think it would be a separate license. So as it is they only have the first 14 volumes. There is probably a chance of them picking this up later though.

DoggedSpy wrote:
A great example of this would be The Breaker (1st Part) and The Breaker New Waves (2nd Part). The story changes greatly between these two parts. So with this in mind I expect (from past experience) the story to focus on something completely different to the first part of Tokyo Ghoul. Certain Characters May become less important and show up less in the series?

I'm definitely expecting a focus on something else with a quite a few new characters and what not. I'm curious to see where it will go.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:04 am Reply with quote
If I were the mangaka, I'd wait a few months (at least 2) before starting a sequel just weeks after so I can: 1) get more sleep, 2) respond to letters, and 3) develop the story more for the sequel.
residentgrigo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:14 am Reply with quote
This surprises noone but great news. I though that part2 (of 2 ?) should be called Rezurection and i was not that wrong. Nice. But they should have been clearer from the get go and just taken a few months of like lets say Liar Game. Do we need the anime though. It will stay unfinished and rushed forever.

Last edited by residentgrigo on Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
yappers4

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:16 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:
If I were the mangaka, I'd wait a few months (at least 2) before starting a sequel just weeks after so I can: 1) get more sleep, 2) respond to letters, and 3) develop the story more for the sequel.

Most manga artists already have their story developed during their part 1 or as they draw/write the story.
Stark700

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 8:54 am Reply with quote
Good. The ending the manga made me go "what? that's it?" Now that there's this manga confirmed to continue, I'll definitely be checking it out to see where it goes.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Miyanoai

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 10:00 am Reply with quote
Kadmos1 wrote:

Maybe he was afraid he'd be threatened because of the ending. Lol Or he just wanted to avoid executive meddling.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:59 pm Reply with quote
Forget the crap anime (unless they fix it) but TOKYO GHOUL RE?!! AWSOME proper ending please
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2