• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Hanabee Announces Release of Koimonogatari

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaeger-bomb-bastic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:39 am Reply with quote
Although it says this is the fifth and final release of the Monogatari Second Season there's really a sixth release, Hanamonogatari. I have asked Hanabee about whether they're going to release this, considering it would be crap to leave the Second Season unfinished and they told me they're trying but weren't confident in getting the license, which is a damn shame. Just letting people know who were curious.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:04 am Reply with quote
Jaeger-bomb-bastic wrote:
weren't confident in getting the license

Wha?!?!?! Would be disappointed if they didn't end up bringing Hana over to Aus. Have been getting all of Hanabee's Monogatari releases.

At the very least, I hope that the franchise isn't lost to us here. While I've no issue importing, would rather have the option of giving my money to an Aussie licensor.
ScruffyKiwi

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 3:13 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

Wha?!?!?! Would be disappointed if they didn't end up bringing Hana over to Aus. Have been getting all of Hanabee's Monogatari releases.

At the very least, I hope that the franchise isn't lost to us here. While I've no issue importing, would rather have the option of giving my money to an Aussie licensor.

My guess is that because Hanamonogatari was released separately from Monogatari 2nd season that the agreement for 2nd season doesn't cover it and separate negations need to take place. I would say the chances are very high of getting a release, just than nothing can be announced until all the agreement is sorted.
Lord Dcast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:29 am Reply with quote
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHER FREAKIN MONOGATARI FRANCHISE IN THIS MOTHER FREAKIN ADVERTISING.

Seriously, they need to stop marketing this series, and making it too...
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:29 am Reply with quote
ScruffyKiwi wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

My guess is that because Hanamonogatari was released separately from Monogatari 2nd season that the agreement for 2nd season doesn't cover it and separate negations need to take place. I would say the chances are very high of getting a release, just than nothing can be announced until all the agreement is sorted.

I hope that is the case. It is a series that I really enjoy. Definitely something that is different among the shows I watch. Very dialogue heavy, but I really enjoy the cast and am invested in seeing the story through to it's end.

The fact that we know that all (or at least almost all) of the Monogatari series will be animated is another reason that I watch/collect this series. Laughing
Jaeger-bomb-bastic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 20, 2014 8:47 am Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:
ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! I'VE HAD IT WITH THIS MOTHER FREAKIN MONOGATARI FRANCHISE IN THIS MOTHER FREAKIN ADVERTISING.

What is wrong with you?
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 4:51 am Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:

Sure, let's stop marketing this super popular franchise because you don't like it.
sonictail
ANN.au Editor in Chief

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:24 pm Reply with quote
I have asked Hanabee about whether they're going to release this, considering it would be crap to leave the Second Season unfinished and they told me they're trying but weren't confident in getting the license, which is a damn shame. Just letting people know who were curious.

The gang told you they weren't confident? That's very very unusual. Usually the comment on anything that is unreleased as part of a franchise is "we cannot comment at this stage" or something along those lines.

SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
Lord Dcast wrote:

Sure, let's stop marketing this super popular franchise because you don't like it.

TBQH I look forward to no-longer having to write "Monogatari Series Second Season", that's a mouthful. I did consider doing up a poster explaining the order from the books to the anime series (to also help me out in the future) but it's far more sane to have tea with an elder one -_-;

But I'm happy they're continuing to release the series, this is Shinbo's master-class in how to present talking heads, and it's pretty great talk too.
kuzronk

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:58 am Reply with quote
Lord Dcast wrote:

People like it though. Various second season releases are under different names if you think they are keep making seasons.
Cam from Hanabee

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:06 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Although it says this is the fifth and final release of the Monogatari Second Season there's really a sixth release, Hanamonogatari. I have asked Hanabee about whether they're going to release this, considering it would be crap to leave the Second Season unfinished and they told me they're trying but weren't confident in getting the license, which is a damn shame. Just letting people know who were curious.

Hey hey! It's Cameron from Hanabee Entertainment. Proof yay!

Hi Jaeger-bomb-bastic! I just asked around the office and I think you talked to Zi about Hanamonogatari. I thought I'd clear things up.

We think there was a bit of miscommunication. I've asked around and everything is looking fine for our continuing support and releases of the Monogatari Series! We can't confirm anything yet but that's...kind of just how all of this stuff works.

Although we cannot confirm that we have it I can say is "I thoroughly imply and even suggest that one would be allowed to assume that we have it." Laughing

If you have any other questions PM me or reply here Very Happy
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1