• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 19th Detective Conan Film's 1st Trailer Features Kaito Kid

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SakuraGirl17

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:26 pm Reply with quote
OMG This trailer looks absolutely amazing and it really gets me hyped for the new movie Very Happy

Somehow I wish Crunchyroll can stream this video on their site so that I can watch this movie legally when it comes out. Or a bigger wish that I have is that I wish FUNimation Entertainment could release more of the movies in English Dub including more of the Seasons.

But I know that won't happen unless sales do well here in the states and unfortunately Detective Conan doesn't have a very big audience here in the states.
(Which I wish wasn't the case because it definitely deserves more attention).

Still, I'm looking forward to this movie and I hope to watch it when it comes out. Smile
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 2:36 am Reply with quote
Kappei Yamaguchi sounds awesome. Also, Ran isn't looking too good there which is odd seeing as how she's the strongest.
Jex2193

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 11:03 am Reply with quote
Somer-_- wrote:
Kappei Yamaguchi sounds awesome. Also, Ran isn't looking too good there which is odd seeing as how she's the strongest.

This always happens. Ran's really strong but she always comes out as one of the weakest during the climax. And it's not a Conan movie until Ran's in mortal danger.
Stuart Smith

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 3:18 pm Reply with quote
I actually find Ran to be a bit over-powered in the movies half the time. She may be proficient at karate, but she's still just a high school girl. Some of the climaxes are really questionable like spoiler[she goes toe-to-toe with a a trained Black Organization assassin in M13, and a trained Navy Seals in M18. She ends up losing, but you'd think those kinds of villains would have little trouble with a high school kid]

Conan usually has a good balance in how strong the fighting characters like Ran are. They can dispatch the usual two-bit crooks, but if they're caught off guard or in a bad situation they can still be vulnerable.

-Stuart Smith
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 5:44 pm Reply with quote
I'm looking forward to this.

I hope it's more filler than canon so I can watch it (because I'm not caught up on the anime)
eternalblue81

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:42 am Reply with quote
meepsheeps wrote:

I hope it's more filler than canon so I can watch it (because I'm not caught up on the anime)

Good news for you, then. None of the movies are canon.
kirac91

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:27 am Reply with quote
meepsheeps wrote:

don't feel bad lol im not even caught up yet but it its defense it is a pretty long show lol and too the guy above i tottaly agree that it does need morre respect and appriecated more acttually if it wasnt for it i wouldnt be into the live action crime shows but yeah conan does it wonderfully the music, storyline and characters. If you think about it Detective Conan is like a anime versivan of a mystery type soap oprea lol only difference is we don't have too be ashamed of liking it lol or the cheesy acting lol
meepsheeps

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:02 pm Reply with quote
eternalblue81 wrote:
meepsheeps wrote:

No, some of them have characters from recent arcs (in the anime) or have Black Organization related plot. While Raven Chaser (movie 13) isn't canon, it still requires you to watch up to the later episodes.

@kirac91: Yes, I love Conan as well xD I really want to catch up but it seems a bit intimidating for me so I've been working on other anime recently.
skyechan

PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:22 pm Reply with quote
Just thought I should point out the official English title is "Sunflowers of Inferno" and not "The Hellfire Sunflowers".

http://www.conan-movie.jp/index.html

You can see the English logo on the official website.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Fedora-san

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:53 pm Reply with quote
eternalblue81 wrote:

Says who? Gosho Aoyama pretty much said M18 was "canon" and even said he could only do certain reveals/scenes in the anime compared to the manga, like spoiler[Subaru talking to James using his Akai voice rather than his Subaru voice]

Aoyama pretty much takes and uses things from the movies all the time. Shiratori was originally a movie-only character before Aoyama made him a central character in the manga. A lot of characters are also named after their anime voice-actors like Takagi or originated in the anime and were later adapted into the manga.

As far as the anime is concerned, the movies are pretty canon.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1