• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Adds Smoker, Alvida, Tashigi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VanzZz

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 5:36 pm Reply with quote
It's about time
kanechin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:49 pm Reply with quote
anyone miss when nami and robin weren't 80% boa hancock (boobs, hourglass figure)?
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:00 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
anyone miss when nami and robin weren't 80% boa hancock (boobs, hourglass figure)?

Unless you only look at One Piece fan-art, Nami and Robin have always had hourglass figures and big boobs.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 10:50 pm Reply with quote
Robin perhaps, but Nami looked pretty normal in the East Blue part of the series. Only from Enies Lobby and onwards did she start to resemble Jessica Rabbit, and only from the timeskip and onwards did she start to show way more skin.

Of course, we all know this is because Eiichiro Oda can't stop talking about how sexy his wife is, who plays Nami in stage plays.

Alvida is a really weird choice though. She hasn't had much screentime, so we haven't really seen her powers in action. And through all of this, the One Piece video games continue to give Gekko Moriah the shaft.
BadNewsBlues

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:11 pm Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:

Nope.
Tylerr

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:19 am Reply with quote
Alvida, and Tashigi are playable? (Are we sure they aren't just crew members?)

I hope they aren't taking the place of cooler characters like cp9 and the supernovas.
MasterKingJC

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:12 am Reply with quote
leafy sea dragon wrote:
Robin perhaps, but Nami looked pretty normal in the East Blue part of the series. Only from Enies Lobby and onwards did she start to resemble Jessica Rabbit, and only from the timeskip and onwards did she start to show way more skin.

"Normal" by Oda's own unique style, but not quite "realistic normal" since she's always been relatively thin and elongated.
Oda has always had a template for the body shapes for his (attractive ) women, and its always been based on Nami since she's one of the main female leads.

Saying she resembles Jessica Rabbit is odd, because Jessica is intentionally more sexually over-exaggerated. Laughing

Also, People seem to forget that Nami showed a lot of skin during Alabasta, Skypiea, and Enies Lobby. Not saying she doesn't show a lot now, but it's not something that came out of nowhere.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:18 am Reply with quote
Yeah, I meant normal compared to how Nami looks now. As for comparing her to Jessica Rabbit, Oda has a fondness for enormous breasts, a tiny torso, and an exaggerated hourglass figure, so that's why I compare Nami to her. Jessica had equally huge hips too though, a trait Oda doesn't seem to care as much about.

You're also right about Nami showing a lot of skin during Alabasta and Skypeia though. I'm also used to the regular T-shirts she used to wear. Of course, for Alabasta, she was wearing what I presume is some sort of local get-up. Wasn't Vivi wearing something similar at some point too?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1