• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Disney Channel Japan to Run 1st Love Live! Anime Season

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:18 am Reply with quote
LOL I thought it was Disney Channel in NA when I first read the title. I skipped the Japan part.
Zoneflare

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:27 am Reply with quote
KH91 wrote:
LOL I thought it was Disney Channel in NA when I first read the title. I skipped the Japan part.

I cant see Disney NA doing that without the christian mom organization (or whatever its called) throwing a fit over anime being shown. Might think that it will corrupt their kids or some non-sense like that.
ReifuTD

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:43 am Reply with quote
Does Disney Channel Japan not show anime? I'm confused by the significance of this?
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:43 am Reply with quote
Great first season, second season that completely blows the first one of the water, mind boggling BD sales, a run on the Disney Channel (A testament to the show's universal appeal), all we need now is for the movie to amazing and this will officially be the new K-ON.

Zoneflare wrote:
KH91 wrote:

I can't see Disney NA doing that without the christian mom organization (or whatever its called) throwing a fit over anime being shown. Might think that it will corrupt their kids or some non-sense like that.
Well I personally object to letting kids watch fun, family friendly entertainment with next to no objectionable content. Also shows about physically attractive girls are sexist I think.
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:14 am Reply with quote
ReifuTD wrote:
Does Disney Channel Japan not show anime? I'm confused by the significance of this?

The fact it's broadcast there means Love Live has gained universal appeal beyond male fans just like K-ON!

Now I wonder how well those Love Live boxsets sold for NIS America and maybe they could have chance that one getting an English dub. Sad

Last edited by darkchibi07 on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:49 am; edited 2 times in total
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:32 am Reply with quote
ReifuTD wrote:

I know they showed the Stitch anime, as well as the Pretty Rhythm anime (not sure which series or how many).
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:33 am Reply with quote
Well, at least the folks over in Japan that have yet to find out about Love Live will have a chance of watching it on TV.

If Disney were to air Love Live on TV here in the U.S...well, we would end up having the English version of it whitewashed; hence, I would consider Love Live not being in the hands of a mainstream channel (in the U.S.) a blessing in disguise.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:39 am Reply with quote
The NISA boxsets sold out pretty quickly as far as I know. But as much as I want an English dub (I can totally hear Cristina Vee as Umi) I love the seiyuu to such a degree that I don't mind too much.

Plus while English dubs give me an extra incentive to re-watch a series, Love Live is already good enough to make me want to re-watch it a million times over dub or no.

Though I think it's worth mentioning that there are a lot of LA VAs who happen to be Love Live fans including Patrick Seitz who talks a lot about SIF on Twitter. He also insists that if the show were to ever get a dub that he will voice Nico.

I'd watch it.
Mr. Oshawott

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:42 am Reply with quote
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
...there are a lot of LA VAs who happen to be Love Live fans including Patrick Seitz who talks a lot about SIF on Twitter. He also insists that if the show were to ever get a dub that he will voice Nico.

Wait a moment, a male seiyuu playing as a girl like Nico Yazawa??? Confused
I don't think that's going to turn out well...

Last edited by Mr. Oshawott on Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Michformer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:43 am Reply with quote
Zoneflare wrote:
KH91 wrote:

I can't see Disney NA doing that without the christian mom organization (or whatever its called) throwing a fit over anime being shown. Might think that it will corrupt their kids or some non-sense like that.

I think it's people who care about social justice you should be more worried about.
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:13 am Reply with quote
Mr. Oshawott wrote:
SquadmemberRitsu wrote:
...there are a lot of LA VAs who happen to be Love Live fans including Patrick Seitz who talks a lot about SIF on Twitter. He also insists that if the show were to ever get a dub that he will voice Nico.

Wait a moment, a male seiyuu playing as a girl like Nico Yazawa??? Confused
I don't think that's going to turn out well...
Google 'sarcasm'.
getchman
Space Cowboy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:16 am Reply with quote
if that would make Nico less obnoxious, I'd fully support it
gtmvanity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:33 am Reply with quote
Further proof of Anime being for kids. Neato.
mdo7

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:50 am Reply with quote
Wow, this is really unexpected for Disney Japan to be showing this anime. Shocked Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
AbZeroNow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:59 am Reply with quote
How cool. Yeah, it's totally the new K-ON!(I do wonder if it actually sold better than that in the US). Yeah, I can totally see Cristina Vee as Umi and Stephanie Sheh as Honoka.

I wouldn't object to the North American Disney Channel showing it(which would mean a dub and they've have to dub the songs too). I don't particular remember any objectionable fanservice scenes in the first season(and them dressing as KISS in the 2nd season had me in stitches).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3