• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 2015 Dragon Ball Film's Hollywood Premiere Hosts Goku's Voice Actress, Director

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
penguintruth

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:36 pm Reply with quote
Aw man, I'm so jealous of the people who get to attend. I'd love to see the movie AND meet Masako Nozawa, THE voice for Son Goku. Not really sure why the English dub cast is on hand if it's a showing in Japanese with subtitles, but they've been doing a pretty bang-up job with Kai and Battle of God's English version was excellent, too.

Based on the spoilers/summaries I've read of the movie, it's a bit more like your average DBZ movie than the previous one, but should probably be somewhat fun, even if it doesn't stand out. I guess for the people who thought BoG was too comedic, didn't have enough action, etc, this is good news.

I guess I'll see it the usual way, leaks of the Japanese version and in theaters when it's dubbed in English, surrounded by people who, like me, own an orange t-shirt with Goku's gi symbols.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 8:51 pm Reply with quote
The coolness factor is over 9000!
Somer-_-

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 12:07 am Reply with quote
Now that's neat. Seems like a dream to go.
bs3311

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:50 am Reply with quote
Since Freiza is my personal favorite villian in DBZ, and with how his power up is a pokemon color job now for this movie. I'm not expecting much. I'll probably hold on watching it till any dsilike in me subsides.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:00 am Reply with quote
This is interesting that it's getting the original Goku voice.
leafy sea dragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:41 pm Reply with quote
I live right near Hollywood--I would sometimes eat at Stefano's, which is right across the street from here--though I have no idea how this works. Can you just walk right up, or do you need an appointment?

Considering the announcement is so close to the event, I'm guessing this is something that anyone passing by can attend. I can watch the movie sometime later, but I'd like to spectate the other stuff.

penguintruth wrote:
Based on the spoilers/summaries I've read of the movie, it's a bit more like your average DBZ movie than the previous one, but should probably be somewhat fun, even if it doesn't stand out. I guess for the people who thought BoG was too comedic, didn't have enough action, etc, this is good news.

That's what I liked about Battle of Gods, but I can see why some western DBZ fans would've been turned off by it. I do like the more serious action too though.
GATSU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:41 pm Reply with quote
I think you can attend the pre-show, but the tickets for the actual film are sold out. :/
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1