• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
House of 1000 Manga - Sunny

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 11:46 am Reply with quote
I love this series so much. Your review did an excellent job describing what makes Sunny so wonderful. Thank you!

Last edited by here-and-faraway on Thu May 28, 2015 12:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Imitosis

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:24 pm Reply with quote
Watching the anime adaptations of Tekkon Kinkreet and Ping Pong has led me to reading a lot of Taiyo Matsumoto's work over the last year or so. I think that Sunny is my favorite of his works, it's so sad and beautiful.

I have an uncle that likes reading alternative comics, but had never branched off into manga before I loaned him a few volumes of Sunny. Once he adjusted to reading right to left it seemed like he really enjoyed it. The art style works well for people who aren't attracted to the stereotypical manga/anime aesthetic, and the content is universal enough to be understood by pretty much anyone.
Lactobacillus yogurti

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:03 pm Reply with quote
I recommend a Doraemon doujinshi he made... It's unsettling but very well made too.
gedata

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 2:05 pm Reply with quote
Just picked up the 1st volume a couple of days ago and now I regret not getting more. Here's hoping for a noitaminA slot adaptation for this one.
here-and-faraway

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 3:38 pm Reply with quote
gedata wrote:
Just picked up the 1st volume a couple of days ago and now I regret not getting more. Here's hoping for a noitaminA slot adaptation for this one.

The exact same thing happened to me!!! The story is so wonderful. I cannot wait for volume 5 to come out this summer.
percy

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 9:48 pm Reply with quote
Yes to everything in this review. Especially the hugs.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1