• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blood Blockade Battlefront Finale Delayed Until Further Notice

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:35 am Reply with quote
Really...now this is interesting. If it's longer, then I suppose the series will really try to impress the fans with something. Looking forward to it still though.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
KidOblivion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:44 am Reply with quote
May have to consider catching up with the dub then. This show is so much easier to watch in English. Been too busy and missed the last 2 episodes, kind of a blessing in disguise.
SpacemanHardy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:48 am Reply with quote
That sucks about the delay, but an extra-long finale does sound pretty neat.

I wonder how they'll handle this on DubbleTalk.
KH91

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 1:54 am Reply with quote
Looking forward to the BD even more now.
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:03 am Reply with quote
Extra long? But it's a manga adaptation... oh. And instead of doing another clip show, they're doing a "special". Sure, they're already clipping into the next season thanks to a previous clip show and a skipped week, they may as well just bury the hole deeper at this point.

Physical release director's cut, OAV episodes, they'll have none of that, they just need more time... for the episode. No, that sounds wrong somehow. It's already done, they just need more time to for all the stuff they will have, that's it. No, I mean, the undisclosed time will be broadcast at an uncertain date but it's all done. Yes indeed. Now be quiet and enjoy your special.

I couldn't get past the first episode but this part of the show is entertaining me to no end.
Jajanken

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:05 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:
Extra long? But it's a manga adaptation... oh. And instead of doing another clip show, they're doing a "special". Sure, they're already clipping into the next season thanks to a previous clip show and a skipped week, they may as well just bury the hole deeper at this point.

Physical release director's cut, OAV episodes, they'll have none of that, they just need more time... for the episode. No, that sounds wrong somehow. It's already done, they just need more time to for all the stuff they will have, that's it. No, I mean, the undisclosed time will be broadcast at an uncertain date but it's all done. Yes indeed. Now be quiet and enjoy your special.

I couldn't get past the first episode but this part of the show is entertaining me to no end.
......it's an original ending dude
KutovoiAnton

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:06 am Reply with quote
I smell bad planning...
Calculus20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:52 am Reply with quote
KutovoiAnton wrote:
I smell bad planning...

I smell an opportunity brought upon by the unexpected surge in popularity for Kekkai Sensen. Matsumoto's grandiose vision for the anime will finally be fulfilled.

I'm also happy about this. DRRR x2 Ten premiere won't be delayed and I get a longer Kekkai Sensen finale. Win-Win.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:56 am Reply with quote
It is Girls und Panzer all over again! Twisted Evil Razz
Blankslate

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:12 am Reply with quote
This just in: Kekkai Sensen finale to be a 6-part film series. Heh. Jokes.
omegaproxy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:20 am Reply with quote
Look at me eyee its blue and cool~~
Mizerous

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:53 am Reply with quote
Inb4 it turns into Hiatus X Hiatus :/
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:08 am Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:
I smell bad planning...

I smell an opportunity brought upon by the unexpected surge in popularity for Kekkai Sensen. Matsumoto's grandiose vision for the anime will finally be fulfilled.

I'm also happy about this. DRRR x2 Ten premiere won't be delayed and I get a longer Kekkai Sensen finale. Win-Win.

Yeah the sales of the series have been insane. I think they could end up doing a 1 hour + ending episode
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:16 am Reply with quote
Animegomaniac wrote:

First things first, its an anime original ending that's [expletive] awesomeand its nmade me love the anime far more than the original material.

Secondly, did you watch Shirobako at all? You should. Becauseif you did you'll know its not done. They only start actually animating an episode 2 weeks before it airs, that's a 20 minute episode. For an 1 hour long episode they need double that time, for 1 and a half they need at least 5 weeks. As for why Ufotable do it without delays, look at God Eater, they must start animation Production at least a month in advance, which helps them get massive quality with such few members. So no its not done, its probably not even half done if they have to animate a special also. From the beginning of production to the last week of a season is all pre production, they only start animating near release, how further in advance decides the quality. E.G., P.A. Works begin production 3 months in advance most of the time. Seriously suggest watching Shirobako, you can learn a load from the industry there
DontmesswithKarma

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:16 am Reply with quote
Calculus20 wrote:
KutovoiAnton wrote:
I smell bad planning...

Yeah the sales of the series have been insane. I think they could end up doing a 1 hour + ending episode
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3