• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sentai Filmworks to Dub Chaika - The Coffin Princess Anime

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cyclone1993

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:36 pm Reply with quote
I was hoping they would since this series is my obsession! I don't really care about a dub but I want to show it to my sub averse family and friends, so I'm pumped for this. Now we just need a release date, and possibly a license for Avenging Battle.
TheMorry

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 1:53 pm Reply with quote
FINALY THE CONFORMATION! We all knew it was gonna happen but a conformation was needed!
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:02 pm Reply with quote
I think that enough time has passed between the original air date and this announcement for them to list both a dub cast and the scheduled release date.
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:12 pm Reply with quote
What are the chances of Chaika showing up on Toonami, now that Sentai has amply demonstrated its willingness to work with Williams Street?
KH91

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:18 pm Reply with quote
Me: Chaika?
Sentai: Yes. Chaika.
Me: Chaika.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:21 pm Reply with quote
Fantastic news! Look forward to buying the bluray set and hopefully CE! Hopefully they will confirm a dub for Amagii Brilliant Park next!
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:37 pm Reply with quote
I am curious how well (or pray it be NOT bad) Chaika's speech pattern will end up with an English dub script.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:07 pm Reply with quote
First I want to say that the name Chaika mean Seagull in Russian. So every time I read the title I read is as Seagull the Coffin Princess.

Anyways, held off on watching it subbed as it aired as I did with Black Bullet knowing full well that it would eventually be dubbed. Glad to get a confirmation on that though.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Good. I would have been very disappointed if they did not dub it. I also want Sentai to do a CE. Now they need to confirm season 2 and hopefully the OVA.

Panzer Vor wrote:
What are the chances of Chaika showing up on Toonami, now that Sentai has amply demonstrated its willingness to work with Williams Street?

Chaika on Toonami would be sweet. I think there is a very good chance of that happening.
LUNI_TUNZ

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 3:11 pm Reply with quote
Panzer Vor wrote:

I've been saying it should end up on Toonami for awhile, so hopefully there's a good chance.
Mr.Shonen

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:52 pm Reply with quote
After hearing the voices during Agame Ga Kill promo on Toonami last night, is it too hard to ask Sentai to put some effort into their dubs? The VAs sounded so off at certain points in my opinion..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXUN4B3nSKE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
AnimeAddict2014

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:27 pm Reply with quote
so...only season one Confused
Thespacemaster

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:57 pm Reply with quote
This is Fantastic News..i don't mind be it either sub or dub....but with a dub it will get a bigger audience. this was one of my favorite's of 2014 and one of my favs of all time. Now we just need confirmation of getting the second season.

Also about what others said of it airing on Toonami...it should...it is definitely suitable to be a Toonami show and if that were to happen it will secure it's status as a cult classic even more...so yeah i hope for the best Smile
SquadmemberRitsu

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:13 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
After hearing the voices during Agame Ga Kill promo on Toonami last night, is it too hard to ask Sentai to put some effort into their dubs? The VAs sounded so off at certain points in my opinion..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXUN4B3nSKE
Compared to what they usually put out (Which probably wouldn't be suitable for TV Broadcast) Akame ga Kill honestly doesn't sound so bad.

At least, that's the impression I got from the trailer. I dropped the show pretty early on so I doubt I'll be watching the series no matter how good or bad the dub is.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Mr.Shonen wrote:
After hearing the voices during Agame Ga Kill promo on Toonami last night, is it too hard to ask Sentai to put some effort into their dubs? The VAs sounded so off at certain points in my opinion

It sounded good enough to me. I think the problem is that Akame ga Kill seems like a mediocre anime that would sound stupid in any language.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2