• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Anime Spotlight - Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju (Showa and Genroku era lover's suicide through Rakugo)

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zztop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:05 am Reply with quote
The Showa's a pretty long era, covering late Imperial-era and postwar Japan. So I'm not sure if the setting will be prewar or postwar (fingers crossed for prewar, because 1930s Japan isn't something you see too often in anime.)
younglump

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:26 am Reply with quote
damn this looks extremely interesting Smile I need more Josei dramas in my feed these days
SHD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 2:38 am Reply with quote
Who wrote this thing? What's "Showa and Genroku era"? Yotaro "enter's"? What is "the storytellers' loving true guise"? And what's with that title, did someone just run it through Google Translate? (Never mind the fact that the trailer makes it very clear what the title means...)

zztop wrote:
The Showa's a pretty long era, covering late Imperial-era and postwar Japan. So I'm not sure if the setting will be prewar or postwar (fingers crossed for prewar, because 1930s Japan isn't something you see too often in anime.)

The answer is in the title: it's "Shouwa Genroku" that is, the '70s. There's going to be a long flashback, though, which starts before the war, so in that sense there's a lot of the earlier periods as well.
zztop

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 4:38 am Reply with quote
SHD wrote:

The answer is in the title: it's "Shouwa Genroku" that is, the '70s. There's going to be a long flashback, though, which starts before the war, so in that sense there's a lot of the earlier periods as well.

Thanks!

I looked up the original mangaka; Showa Genroku's her only josei title. All her other works are yaoi.
phia_one

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:31 pm Reply with quote
This is definitely going on my watch list!
Razzuel

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:06 am Reply with quote
This looks so damn cool. Also, jazz. I haven't came across an anime I've been this excited to watch in a long time. I just have a feeling that no one is going to license it though. Hopefully I'm wrong.
medama_oyaji

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:49 pm Reply with quote
This is the show I'm most looking forward to this season! I hope that streaming license is on its way.....
Dian Z

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:05 am Reply with quote
Somehow I got the feeling of, 'here comes the sad moment when no one's gonna watch mature drama' Sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1