• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: KonoSuba's 1st Blu-ray/DVD to Include PC Game

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Melicans

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:34 am Reply with quote
That's quite a brilliant marketing move, even if the game itself ends up being a bit subpar. Quite a smart idea.
GeneStriker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:03 am Reply with quote
Well, that's one way to sell Blu-rays. Neat.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 3:27 am Reply with quote
From the screenshot it looks like they're making it using RPG maker!

Which is brilliant Smile.

The best stuff I've seen people make with RPG maker in Japan are all parody type RPGs and they are universally hilarious. Like there's this one called "RPG Level Inflation" where you are constantly gaining 1000s of levels every battle... Or the RPG where you can recruit every NPC in the entire game (100?) in your party but you get stuck moving around like the old "snake" game...

I hope they make a really crazy hilarious interactive OVA with it, should be perfect.
Blanchimont

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:58 am Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:
That's quite a brilliant marketing move, even if the game itself ends up being a bit subpar. Quite a smart idea.

They're definitely not the first ones to come up with the idea. Yuki Yuna is a Hero had a game with its first Blu-ray disc as well in Japan.

That game got shafted when PonyCan released YYisaH here in the West. Which is not surprising how things usually go for all things anime. And shouldn't be any big surprise if this game won't follow either when/if KonoSuba is released here. Unfortunately.

But, as these things often go, that one YYisaH visual novel got fan-translated soon after release. So won't be much a of a surprise either if this one will too. Fortunately. Cool
Nephry

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Melicans wrote:

If tachi's in charge of it, it shouldn't be too bad? Moonlight Ghost and Hello? Hell...o? were good, and although I haven't played Hero and Daughter, it seems to be pretty popular in Japan.

samuelp wrote:
Or the RPG where you can recruit every NPC in the entire game (100?) in your party but you get stuck moving around like the old "snake" game...

It's Our Revolution? Yeah, that one was pretty great Very Happy
natchu96

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 11:24 pm Reply with quote
I mean, how useful would Megumim even be in a RPG anyway? Razz
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1