• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Kodansha Comics Adds Interviews with Monster Girls, Fairy Tail: Twin Dragons of Sabertooth, Ne

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ame_Sama19

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:09 am Reply with quote
Thank god at least one series of Fujita Kazuhiro isn't published by Shueisha/Shogakukan, letting Kodansha published for the first time a english releases of his work. Sadly Viz will probably will never announce a license to Ushio & Tora manga, even though in my opinion now it's best timing they can get to publish it.
mgosdin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:31 am Reply with quote
Demi-chan, oh boy. Hello, Wallet? Brace yourself, OK?

Mark Gosdin
Ali07

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:15 am Reply with quote
Ah, KUSA getting in on the monster girls now. Laughing

Though, this one doesn't interest me. Probably because the protag is the teacher...

Twin Dragons may be something I check out. Never had a look at any of the Fairy Tail spin offs (though I've been meaning to grab Ice Trail), but I'm a fan of Frosch...so I'll check it out. Laughing
shuusei

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:13 am Reply with quote
Gotta say, I'm fairly disappointed with the 12 licenses announced this week. There's only 2 I'm even remotely interested in, (In/Spectre and Neo Parasyte f) and they definitely were misleading with some of the "hints" they dropped.
Snakebit1995

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:29 am Reply with quote
Ali07 wrote:

Twin Dragons may be something I check out. Never had a look at any of the Fairy Tail spin offs (though I've been meaning to grab Ice Trail), but I'm a fan of Frosch...so I'll check it out. Laughing

Just so you may not waste money, the Twin Dragons spinoff is more about Sting and Lector than it is about Rogue and Frosch, there's actually very little Frosch in it and I believe that spinoff was only about 12 chapters long. Once it ended the Gajeel spinoff started.

Personally out of the spinoff I liked ZERO and Blue Mistral, the others were all just okay.
ajr

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:53 pm Reply with quote
Interviews/Demi-chan sounds pretty sketchy, but so far I've enjoyed what I've read of scanlations, I'm glad this got picked up. I'm not saying the student-teacher relationships are 100% aromantic, but it is more nuanced than one might expect based on the premise. I'm not very far but, so far it seems to be inclined to take the high road rather than devolving into an outright ecchi series.
Ali07

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 11:25 pm Reply with quote
Snakebit1995 wrote:
Ali07 wrote:

Just so you may not waste money, the Twin Dragons spinoff is more about Sting and Lector than it is about Rogue and Frosch, there's actually very little Frosch in it and I believe that spinoff was only about 12 chapters long. Once it ended the Gajeel spinoff started.

Oh, damn...well, I still like Sting and Lector. And, seeing as this is one volume, wouldn't hurt me much when it comes to $$$.

But thanks for the heads up!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1