• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Kabaneri, Assassination Classroom, Shōnen Maid, Sakamoto Delayed This Week Due to Quake News Coverag

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zrnzle500

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:36 pm Reply with quote
That knocked off like half my schedule for today. Wonder when they'll air.
Яeverse

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Surprised places in Earthquake prone areas are still affected this much, I thought recent innovations in earthquake prediction technologies and enhanced engineering knowhow enabled damage, loss of life, and disruptions to the day to day lives of people to be nearly eliminated.
FackuIkari

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:09 pm Reply with quote
well, f**k
ChrissyC

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:16 pm Reply with quote
Damn earthquakes! You messed with the wrong medium!
CaRoss

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:22 pm Reply with quote
I can totally understand why they would have to delay these to provide time for the news to discuss the earthquake. For someone living in the country, this would probably matter more to the general public than some animated programming.

That said, I'm interested to know when they will end up airing these. Will the delay be for a whole week? Will they air shortly after?

Anyway, no matter what happens, I pray for the safety of those who were in the area of the earthquake.
sailorsweeper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:25 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Anyway, no matter what happens, I pray for the safety of those who were in the area of the earthquake.

This
No matter how well prepared a country is earthquakes are still can be quite destructive.
falcon.punch

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:28 pm Reply with quote
Wow, I don't watch any of these shows. But I want to give ya a small trivia.

We only get big coverage and news if the earthquakes pass the 7,0-7,5 bar but 6,4 isn't too much for us, is strong, can scare, but not too much. The rest they leave to internet news sites. Even if Chile and Japan Share their "Earthquake Country" condition.

Interesting that small but still big magnitude gets coverage.
FireChick
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
I hope the people in Kumamoto are okay!
Drunk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:59 pm Reply with quote
Of course I hope that the damage by the earthquake wasn't too severe. But damn, I was really looking forward to Kabaneri's second episode. I guess we will have to wait a week now.
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:04 pm Reply with quote
I just hope they wont delay it for 1week because that gonna really suck then .....
FenixFiesta

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:14 pm Reply with quote
I am still living in California still waiting for the next 6.0+ earthquake, heaven knows it will happen "soon", hopefully not caught in a bad place WHEN it happens.
Hameyadea

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:25 pm Reply with quote
Damn them tectonic plates!

Both shows' Twitter announcements have the same format and wording, despite being produced by different studios. There's probably some kind of template for these kind of announcements (delaying the broadcast ones).

Last edited by Hameyadea on Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Razor/Edge

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:50 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:
Surprised places in Earthquake prone areas are still affected this much, I thought recent innovations in earthquake prediction technologies and enhanced engineering knowhow enabled damage, loss of life, and disruptions to the day to day lives of people to be nearly eliminated.

You are thinking 20-30 years ahead of where we actually are when it comes to earthquakes. Sure, we can "predict" them, but in the range of decades, not days. For example, the USGS has been saying for years that a huge earthquake is going to hit California....sometimes this century......actually, it's 75% chance (or something like that). We really can only guess when it comes to earthquakes, but there is no way to know when one is about to happen.

It's only been SOME of the buildings build in the past 20 years or so that have been designed to be "earthquake proof". There are still a ton of older building out there that are likely to collapse during a strong earthquake. Of course, this is just in America. I have no idea how earthquake proof technology is coming along in Japan. But there are still a ton of houses in Japan that are old were build lone before anyone was even testing earthquake proof foundations. It doesn't surprise me to hear that some of the old, traditional style houses collapses.

News is saying 3 dead, with over 200 injured. Thankfully, no tsunami this time.
c933103

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:51 pm Reply with quote
Яeverse wrote:

Earthquake still can't be predicted
FalconPunch wrote:
Wow, I don't watch any of these shows. But I want to give ya a small trivia.

We only get big coverage and news if the earthquakes pass the 7,0-7,5 bar but 6,4 isn't too much for us, is strong, can scare, but not too much. The rest they leave to internet news sites. Even if Chile and Japan Share their "Earthquake Country" condition.

Interesting that small but still big magnitude gets coverage.

That earthquake get this much coverage because the maximum intensity of the earthquake reached 7 on their seismic scale, which is roughly equal to X or above in European/American/CIS standard, and the fourth one in last 20-ish years in Japan with 2 of the others being Kobe earthquake and 3-11 earthquake
Shirohae

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:05 pm Reply with quote
OMFG FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!! WHY
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3