• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Netflix to Debut Kuromukuro's 2nd Season in U.S. on October 10

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:17 pm Reply with quote
Really peeves me seeing them call it season 2. Would've so much better if they aired as a weekly show, as I've said before..... Like Netflix Japan did.

Either way, I hope everyone enjoys it. Ratings on MAL are pretty low but I think they're a bit harsh. Overall it's been a fun show but definitely a weaker one for P.A.Works. Better than Macross Delta at least, of we were to compare Mecha shows.
Agent355

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:18 pm Reply with quote
That's the day after New York Comic Con, and Columbus Day! I have the day of for some reason (Thanks for that, Columbus!) and was planning to stay home recovering from the con, anyway. Thanks for giving me something fun to watch, Netflix! (Although considering that its smack dab in the middle of Fall 2016's premiere week, I'm sure they'll be plenty to watch on Crunchyroll and Funimation, too).
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:29 pm Reply with quote
Stop this nonsense! It is NOT a second season, it is the second half of a 2 cours anime series that Netflix (not the original creators) decided to chop off into two parts.
Coolback

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:37 pm Reply with quote
Second season or not, this bad have 2 seasons or 48 ep. I don't care.

The real question is, why more an anime is bad, why the chance to have a lot of episodes or a second season is increased.

Look this, Active raid, Entride, Bubuki Buranki and a lot of other.
nubguy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:39 pm Reply with quote
Is there any chance of this getting a dub? Or should I just watch it subbed?
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:44 pm Reply with quote
nubguy wrote:

Watch it subbed. The dubbed version is going to be odd (if it ever gets one), honestly. The accents are era-related; There's no clear English "translation" or English dubbed equal for the way the main character talks in Japanese. Unless they give him a southern accent or something like that (LOL, that would be hilarious but kind of hot at the same time).
Beatdigga

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:59 pm Reply with quote
I found this show and it seems to be the show that I wanted Voltron to be. More giant robots, less SU fans. Also the characters are fun to watch. To be fair, I'm only 7 episodes in.
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Beatdigga wrote:
I found this show and it seems to be the show that I wanted Voltron to be. More giant robots, less SU fans. Also the characters are fun to watch. To be fair, I'm only 7 episodes in.

No thanks. The Japanese male audience have their harems. The American female (and bi/gay male) audience need their mostly male cast and characters.

I like Voltron the way it is. Maybe even love if the second season turns into a third season and fourth, etc.
xifeng.hu
Subscriber

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:14 pm Reply with quote
I am curious how they are going to continue the story. spoiler[The next Efidolg invasion is supposed to be 224 years in the future.]. Anyways this series is a guilty pleasure of mine. I would say it is ok but not great but I find it entertaining enough.
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:35 pm Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
nubguy wrote:

Watch it subbed. The dubbed version is going to be odd (if it ever gets one), honestly.

Since Netflix has not dubbed it, I doubt PonyCan USA (who owns the physical distribution rights) will do one.
Sobe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:50 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Sobe wrote:
nubguy wrote:

Watch it subbed. The dubbed version is going to be odd (if it ever gets one), honestly.

Since Netflix has not dubbed it, I doubt PonyCan USA (who owns the physical distribution rights) will do one.

That's fine. It's not exactly something I would bother buying if they dubbed it. The anime itself isn't impressive as far as actual character development or avoiding the cliché involving a male main character who pilots a giant robot surrounded by big breasted girls and women.
Shirohae

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 4:53 pm Reply with quote
I watched this show..maybe like 6 episodes or so...even though I love mecha animes..This one didn't really interest me much...Had to drop it lol
Divineking

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:30 pm Reply with quote
angelmcazares wrote:
Sobe wrote:
nubguy wrote:

Actually a voice actor put up a credit for this show on her resume, so it seems a dub actually does exist. I imagine it'll probably be put up the same time as the second half.
DuchessBianca

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:12 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Actually a voice actor put up a credit for this show on her resume, so it seems a dub actually does exist. I imagine it'll probably be put up the same time as the second half.

Nice to see, will look forward to checking this out when/if such version materializes though after nothing since their very first BD set,Yuki Yuna S1, has been released from PonyCan with a dub, if the set has one then I might just buy my 2nd BD series sets from Ponycan.
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:44 pm Reply with quote
Sobe wrote:
nubguy wrote:

Watch it subbed. The dubbed version is going to be odd (if it ever gets one), honestly. The accents are era-related; There's no clear English "translation" or English dubbed equal for the way the main character talks in Japanese. Unless they give him a southern accent or something like that (LOL, that would be hilarious but kind of hot at the same time).

Dude, all the concerns you stated are superficial because they have been disprove time and again with dub made by LA and Texas dub studios, so I wouldn't even worry once about those factors. Just check out Oh! Edo Rocket, a show that seems un-dubbable but has an English dub that is prayed by reviews on this site as being a more enjoyable watch for English speaking audience.

The problem that I'm seeing here is that it seems Ponycan USA is the license holder of the show and they are using Netflix as their steaming engine. This worries me because Ponycan USA licensing folder thus far has only 1 dubbed show (Yuki Yuna is a Hero) and about 6 sub only releases to shows that could easily benefit from a dub (Sound! Euphonium, Rokka and Denki-Gai)
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2