• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 'Rewrite' TV Anime Gets 2nd Season Next January

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:42 am Reply with quote
Yup, saw this after the final episode. I hope it will be better but that key visual looks neat.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:52 am Reply with quote
Wow. This came out of nowhere. I was fully expecting Rewrite to be a single cour, 13 episode run. I'm hoping it's better than the 1st season, because it was pretty disappointing imho. But this is a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

Last edited by jaykayjk10 on Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:54 am; edited 2 times in total
BlackPoint.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:53 am Reply with quote
So it was split-cour nice nice Smile This were some good news.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:55 am Reply with quote
Chance to redeem themselves after that really subpar season 1. Moon and Terra were really amazing routes so they better not screw these up....
G_Spark233

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:59 am Reply with quote
Since they won't be combining elements from multiple routes I'm expecting that this will be superior to season 1. I just hope that they fix the animation and CGI issues.
jaykayjk10

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:03 am Reply with quote
G_Spark233 wrote:
Since they won't be combining elements from multiple routes I'm expecting that this will be superior to season 1. I just hope that they fix the animation and CGI issues.
Ugh. Don't remind me of that CGI. Bleh.
Selipse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 11:56 am Reply with quote
jaykayjk10 wrote:
Wow. This came out of nowhere. I was fully expecting Rewrite to be a single cour, 13 episode run. I'm hoping it's better than the 1st season, because it was pretty disappointing imho. But this is a pleasant surprise nonetheless.

It was kind of expected since the beginning, and it later got more obvious it was going to happen every week.

This should make a really good anime, if they adapt it faithfully. It should be easy since these routes are linear and don't need more than 1 cour, so unless something goes really, really wrong, it should be fine. I'm hopeful.

Too bad they're only making an anime out of Moon and Terra. The rest of the game was really good.
Parsifal24

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Season one was underwhelming here's hoping season two can recoup it but also they only had thirteen episodes to adapt a VN with branching plots so there is that as well
invalidname
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:58 pm Reply with quote
I'm stalled at episode 9. Maybe there will be a good reason to care about all this Guardian vs. Gaia stuff, but it fell to last place on my summer watch list for a reason. And yet, I've liked most Key stuff in the past…
grooven

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:19 pm Reply with quote
Oh thank god, this would've been a real mess otherwise. I just wish they would up the quality because man, it's just really sad.
invalidname wrote:
I'm stalled at episode 9. Maybe there will be a good reason to care about all this Guardian vs. Gaia stuff, but it fell to last place on my summer watch list for a reason. And yet, I've liked most Key stuff in the past…
I can see why you would've stalled on this the anime hasn't been that engaging and the visuals don't help. Also that it's really different than most any Key work in the past. It's my least favourite Key title.
HuuskerDu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:37 pm Reply with quote
I haven't played the VN, but my understanding is that Moon and Terra are two separate routes. Does the announcement imply that the second cour will combine both routes somehow?
Selipse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:51 pm Reply with quote
HuuskerDu wrote:
I haven't played the VN, but my understanding is that Moon and Terra are two separate routes. Does the announcement imply that the second cour will combine both routes somehow?

The Moon route is really short, so most of the season would be Terra. They could easily make the premiere a double-episode adapting Moon, with the rest of the season being Terra. Just like Grisaia, which had the same director, so I'm expecting this to happen.
casualfan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:56 pm Reply with quote
Good news. I quite enjoyed season 1 from beginning to end despite the sub par animation. I just hope the materials from the other route will be enough to differentiate the two seasons.
Shirο

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:01 pm Reply with quote
HuuskerDu wrote:

Terra is the sequel of Moon

also watch the 4 first minutes of the 1st episode again and then the after credit scene of the last episode
Stampeed Valkyrie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:14 pm Reply with quote
... meh
This and Macross Delta were major letdowns IMO this past season..

eventually I'll choke down Delta since its Macross... Rewrite will probably get the same treatment. I can't say I'm looking forward to the 2nd season in the slightest.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2