• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: J-Novel Club Licenses In Another World With My Smartphone Novel

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TUSF

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:38 pm Reply with quote
Ah, this story. I remember reading the fan translation, but I'm not all that impressed. It's a pretty laid-back story, but it's blatantly a harem story.

Other than the Realist Hero, any maybe Faraway Paladin (which was recently recommended to me), I don't think I'm all that interested in their line-up just yet. Maybe I'll get a subscription, just to support them tho...
Paulo27

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:28 am Reply with quote
"J-Novel Club plans to eventually release the novels as e-books: volume one is slated for March 23, volume two for May 3, volume three for June 14, and volume four for July 26."
Probably the fastest translation of that amount of text the Western scene has ever seen.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 3:46 am Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:
"J-Novel Club plans to eventually release the novels as e-books: volume one is slated for March 23, volume two for May 3, volume three for June 14, and volume four for July 26."
Probably the fastest translation of that amount of text the Western scene has ever seen.

Next up, we'll release all of Guin Saga by 2020.

(I'm just kidding in case someone tries to quote me)
tootbrush

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 5:44 am Reply with quote
Getting any additonal Guin Saga books by 2020 would be a win as far as I'm concerned. Razz

TUSF wrote:
It's a pretty laid-back story, but it's blatantly a harem story.

That's the best part though. I'm tired of all the fake harems where everyone wants the main character, but he's interested in one or none of them. This novel is all set for a harem end.
TUSF

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 8:49 am Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:

It appears that, because they don't need to spend so much time styling and designing how the physical book will look and turn out, they can push out e-books quite fast. Not to mention that because their business model involves giving Subscribers previews of the books, readers can point out any significant issues in a book before the final release.
I really do hope they pick up more titles, and that this business plan works out for them in the future.
Kadmos1

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:56 am Reply with quote
Paulo27 wrote:

I wonder what kind of connections Sam has to be able to get so many licenses so quickly. However, their output is definitely is quicker than fan translations.

On them getting more titles, they will. Having over 10 titles now for site that debuted less than 5 months ago is good.
samuelp
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 10:00 am Reply with quote
I'm sad the article didn't quote our press release exactly.

animenewsnetwork.com/press-release/2017-02-17/j-novel-club-announces-the-licensing-of-hit-light-novel-series-in-another-world-with-my-smartphone/.112349

Quote:
“In Another World With My Smartphone” will be released on an accelerated schedule, with the E-Book for volume 1 coming out March 23rd, volume 2 on May 3rd, volume 3 on June 14th, and volume 4 on July 26th! That's a volume every 6 weeks, a publication speed never before reached by sane publishers. Thankfully J-Novel Club is not limited by the bounds of physical distribution and/or sanity.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1