• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sengoku Night Blood TV Anime Reveals Key Visual, Staff

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SHD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:42 am Reply with quote
The more I look at these the uglier they are, especially considering that the game has some really gorgeous character designs. I'm sure the animation will be low-budget enough not to be able to handle delicate art, but I would have thought that they'd pay more attention to the characters looking attractive and distinctive, after all the art is one of the franchise's main selling points.
Wrangler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:29 am Reply with quote
Is this going to be Japan region only?
manapear

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:07 pm Reply with quote
I liked how Room Mate was done (esp the ED, hehehe), and I like the series composition woman. I wonder how this will go.
ice_tea

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:51 pm Reply with quote
So many characters. O_O So many art styles jammed together in one anime. And almost all the big voice actors are in...
SHD

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:12 pm Reply with quote
ice_tea wrote:
So many characters. O_O So many art styles jammed together in one anime. And almost all the big voice actors are in...

The anime has a uniform art style - it's the game where each faction was designed by a different artist. (On the vocal front there's actually a good balance, of veterans and newcomers the latter of whom range from painful to actually pretty good.)
ice_tea

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:14 pm Reply with quote
SHD wrote:

I am sure they will adjust that in the anime. But you know you will see characters who look like those from Norn 9, Hakuouki, and CollarXMalice/Amnesia in the same anime. Anime hyper

This anime even has more characters than Brothers Conflict. Not sure whether all of them are main characters. If so it will easily lose focus. However, I don't usually have high hopes on otome game adaptations. Hope this will surprise me.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1