• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The List - 7 Worst School Teachers

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Calico

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:10 am Reply with quote
Didn't Cardcaptor Sakura have three student-teacher relationships? I remember the main character's dad married their mom while he was her high school teacher. So now it's three times as gross!.
robertbaldie

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:12 am Reply with quote
I think the ERASED spoiler warning is a spoiler in itself.
But yeah, Kimura tho...
Angel M Cazares

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:49 am Reply with quote
I am excited that a new season of Blood Blockade Battlefront is coming up, but I voted for The Ancient Magus' Bride as my most anticipated anime series for Fall.
Takamachi Ryoko

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:52 am Reply with quote
I know this part wasn't adapted, but the new chairwoman from the original GTO should have been included. In fact, I'm surprised that none from GTO made into this list consider that there's a pervert stalker teacher in the anime.
killjoy_the

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:03 am Reply with quote
Nozomu from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei must count too. Not only does he keep trying to suicide in front of his class, he also ends up spoiler[marrying half of his students]
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:32 am Reply with quote
What about Mahoromatic's Saori Shikijou and DearS's Mitsuka Yoshimine who played the oversexed teachers within their respective titles?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
FireballDragon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:33 am Reply with quote
killjoy_the wrote:
Nozomu from Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei must count too. Not only does he keep trying to suicide in front of his class, he also ends up spoiler[marrying half of his students]

I was gonna say...

Also, Chisa Yukizome from Danganronpa 3.
Vaisaga

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:14 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
a handful of new instructors trying to make you care about the War of 1812

Canada kicks America's ass in a war? Who wouldn't get excited about that?! Razz

Quote:
with any luck, you won't have tutors as terrible as the ones on this list...

... Kaho Mizuki
... Akane Minagawa

Let's not kid ourselves here: any male student would very happy to have teachers like them!
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:
What about Mahoromatic's Saori Shikijou and DearS's Mitsuka Yoshimine who played the oversexed teachers within their respective titles?

Yes to both but then there's Naruko Yokoshima from Seitokai Yakuindomo who was seen lusting after her six year old nephew. Good thing she teaches high school?
Takkun4343

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:20 pm Reply with quote
Ggultra2764 wrote:

Eh, they aren't so much terrible people as they are too sex-starved for their own good. Razz
Key

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:48 pm Reply with quote
^
Saori is still a legitimate candidate, though.

Still, it's hard to argue for her being put above any of those who actually made the list. The five that I'm familiar with (sans ERASED and CCS) are all professionally reprehensible.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
CrownKlown

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Key wrote:
^
Saori is still a legitimate candidate, though.

Still, it's hard to argue for her being put above any of those who actually made the list. The five that I'm familiar with (sans ERASED and CCS) are all professionally reprehensible.

No I agree with the other person, Naruko from Seitokai Yakumindomo is much worse than Kimura. Like someone pointed out she lusted for her own nephew. Actively makes sexual advances on multiple characters including the main character. Constantly throws around sexually harassing behavior even during class. Hell she allowed the main characters sister because she was as much of a degenerate as her. And then on top of that her most redeeming quality is that she is probably a drunk.

Only reason I can think of that she gets a pass over Kimura, is that he is male and she is female and lets face it there is a double standard there. The other reason is probably because with the exception of hagimura, the mc, and one or two other characters, all the other characters are about as bad as see is.

Nozoumo is the same as Naruko, but a male example. Just from a mental aspect he is so damaging to his students, but like Naruko they are pretty much as bad as he is, so thats why im guessing he gets the pass, or the more likely answer when an obvious omission is on one of these lists, the list compiler hasn't seen the work despite being paid to work for an anime oriented site.

Also like someone else pointed out, if you take the title literally, some one like Onizuka should be on the list, sure unlike the ones on this list he is actually a good guy and cares for his students, but his whole goal is to sleep with the students, and he actively does things that in the real world would get him fired and arrested.

One other one I will mention is Chisato from Sister Devil New Testament, technically she is a nurse, but she is actively trying to engage a sexual relationship with her student/nephew. And in the same series there was a throw away character that posed as a student and actively killed them while posing as the friendly innocent teacher, who proceeded to get killed by Chisato.
Codeanime93

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:33 pm Reply with quote
That Gokusen anime had busty Shizuka Fujiyama who all but admitted to having sexual relationships with tons of High School boys. In fact that was one reason she opens a Choir Club in the anime is to get closer to teenage boys. Yes this is all played for laughs.
Now granted it seems like most of the teenage males of the show actually think she's hot anyway and don't mind her being a pervert. And also it seems some of this is rather implied and not shown mostly and some of it seems like her joking during the show.

Weirder was in the anime she was voiced by Rica Matsumoto who mostly is known for voicing Ash/Satoshi from the Pokemon series which was going on about that same time. In fact Matsumoto mostly voices boys so her voicing a perverted busty teacher who wants teenage boys is rather weird.

Now also don't know if that makes her a worst candidate for teachers as it's shown she still cares about the students deeply despite being perverted about it. And also is remorseful due to the fact one of her previous students tried to commit suicide when she taught middle school.

Also the awful and short lived Pilot Candidate had Azuma Hijikata who mostly seemed like a really abusive verbally and physically instructor to the candidates and comes across as deeply unpleasant during the show. Then again he had competition in the show as far as unlikable characters go as the show was littered in them. And he could also be accused of giving all those pilot candidate kids second hand smoke as he was constantly smoking around them every .5 seconds. He just didn't really seem really helpful as a teacher and was rather abusive including slapping the crud out of the cat-girl main at one point.

Last edited by Codeanime93 on Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
varmintx

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:08 pm Reply with quote
Holy cow! A "what anime are you looking forward to poll" that I actually have an answer to. It's been YEARS since that happened. A new Kino's Journey will do that.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:21 pm Reply with quote
As a teacher myself, I do find some portrayals of instructors and professors in anime somewhat amusing, but yeah, these kinds of examples are a tad on the nauseating side of the spectrum. And let's not forget that Kimura started the whole tendency to say waifu for your ideal anime/game wife. XD

angelmcazares wrote:
I voted for The Ancient Magus' Bride as my most anticipated anime series for Fall.

Ditto. It's all I can think about seeing.

Last edited by belvadeer on Sat Sep 16, 2017 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3