• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Anime/Manga titles.

Goto page Previous  

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GeorgH

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:57 pm Reply with quote
Proper: anime#17542
Duplicate: anime#17646

Proper: anime#4723
Duplicate: anime#17603 or anime#17602
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:06 am Reply with quote
At a cursory glance these all need more explanation of why you thing they are duplicates:

GeorgH wrote:

One is called "Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji" while the other is called "DD Hokuto no Ken 2 Ichigo Aji+". Generally speaking, adding a "2" to the title implies a new series, as does them having different art styles (i.e. one is super deformed). They have unique official site links.

Quote:

All three entries have different kanji titles, different vintages, different staff...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
GeorgH

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 11:42 am Reply with quote
Shiroi Hane wrote:
At a cursory glance these all need more explanation of why you thing they are duplicates:

Quote:

All three entries have different kanji titles, different vintages, different staff...

These entries are messed up,
Episode-titles overlap and as there was no storyline to follow, most likely different episodes had different staff. And while the kanjis are different, their meaning is similar.

With Hokuto no Ken: You mean two different series shared the same timeslot? Than that was my fault.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling that the Hokuto no Ken entries are similar to Record of Lodoss War, with Chronicles of the Heroic Knight and Welcome to Lodoss Island.
horseradish

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:44 pm Reply with quote
GeorgH wrote:
ANN News wrote:
The anime is adapting both the DD Hokuto no Ken and the Hokuto no Ken: Ichigo Aji (Fist of the North Star: Strawberry Flavor) spinoff gag manga and will air them in the same program.

Crunchyroll is streaming anime#17542 and anime#17646 under the title "DD Fist of the North Star II + Fist of the North Star: Strawberry Flavor". There are 12 episodes with half hour length. After watching some random episodes to verify, both shows seem to share each episode. DD Fist of the North Star II is ~20 minutes followed by ~5 minutes of Fist of the North Star: Strawberry Flavor. The staff, story, and art style are different for anime#17542 and anime#17646.

Shiroi Hane wrote:

Quote:

GeorgH wrote:
These entries are messed up,
Episode-titles overlap and as there was no storyline to follow, most likely different episodes had different staff. And while the kanjis are different, their meaning is similar.

This one looks complicated...dormcat added anime#17602 and anime#17603 based on research shown in animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2992649
TiredGamer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:53 am Reply with quote
Persona 5 (TV)
Persona 5 the Animation (TV)

Second probably needs to be removed as a dupe.
Dessa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:16 pm Reply with quote
Actually, the second already has the connection to the special, and the official site is calling it "the Animation," so the former would probably be the one to go.
DanQ

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:40 pm Reply with quote
Looks like this record "Kin no Tori" anime#1791 is dupla of
Grimm Douwa - Kin no Tori
anime#3660
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Gina Szanboti

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:06 am Reply with quote
Not sure where to put this, as it's not technically a duplicate. Sort of the opposite.

Ikebukuro West Gate Park is listed as (TV 2) even though it's the first, and only, as far as I can tell, season of the anime.
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2020 2:09 am Reply with quote
Gina Szanboti wrote:
Not sure where to put this, as it's not technically a duplicate. Sort of the opposite.

Ikebukuro West Gate Park is listed as (TV 2) even though it's the first, and only, as far as I can tell, season of the anime.

Fixed--thank you for reporting this. Very Happy
TF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 3:39 pm Reply with quote
report 1: Itachi Shinden
There is a seperate entry for the Itachi Shinden Arc in the encyclopedia. This Arc is just part of the regular Naruto Shippuuden Anime. I believe that there is no need to consider the Itachi Shinden Arc as a seperate entry.

anime#18055
animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=7293&page=25 (eps 451 -> 458)

report 2: Fruits Basket Prelude movie
There are 2 entries for the Fruits basket Prelude movie
entry 1: anime#24913
entry 2: anime#24495
The 2nd entry should be removed.
The 2 titles are the same and some news articles are linked to both. On AniDB, the titles are synonimous (https://anidb.net/anime/16410)
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2022 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Thank you for the report. Anime smile Unfortunately, I do not have the necessary permissions to fix either of those errors, but hopefully someone who does will be along.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  
Page 17 of 17