• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Yu Yu Hakusho's Original Animation Ships October 26 in Japan

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zhou-BR

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:38 pm Reply with quote
Great news about the second movie. I hope this means Funimation can finally license it. And the new OVA, of course.
KH91

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:43 pm Reply with quote
As expected. The wait will be long.

Quote:
All four sets will also include clean openings and closings.

Nice.
Enturax

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 3:41 pm Reply with quote
I started watching YYH because of characters from it being in J Stars on PS3/PS4, which is why I watched the entire thing even though I didn't like majority of 1st 2 arcs. Thankfully, it got much better but J Stars turned out to be a crap, lol.
Lizzie_B

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:24 pm Reply with quote
Zhou-BR wrote:
Great news about the second movie. I hope this means Funimation can finally license it. And the new OVA, of course.

Same here.
This show needs more recognition Very Happy
NJ_

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:12 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
The first part will include the "Spirit Detective" arc (episodes 1-26), as well as both movies, and will ship on July 27. It will be the first Blu-ray Disc release for the second movie.

So it WILL be on Blu-ray then? Good to know because the previous Blu-ray boxes had the first movie, along with Eizou Hakusho, on bonus DVDs so I guess this means this will be a first for that film as well.
xchampion

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 8:30 pm Reply with quote
I've been waiting forever for the 2nd Movie aka Poltergeist Report that CPM released back in the day to get a Japanese Blu-ray release. That means that Funimation might be able to give it a dub that fans have wanted for years. Honestly the old dub wasnt actually that bad other than the fact it had a completely different cast. Also we got the first movie dvd only back in 2011, so Funi might get to release that on Blu-ray too.
Sir Daniel Fortesque

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:02 pm Reply with quote
Will this be any different than the masters funimation got?
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 6:32 am Reply with quote
I hope that the new OVA will get a separate release. Perhaps if Funi were to license it then maybe we could see a release for it in the future.
shinangels

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I really hope funimation prepares to release the english version along side the japan release. They have a lot of time to prepare for it so they have no excuse.
I'm absolutely thrilled about this, Yu Yu Hakusho is my favorite anime series overall!
Do we know what the new animation is? Like another movie, short ova, etc?
A Man named RJ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2017 3:12 pm Reply with quote
Lizzie_B wrote:
Zhou-BR wrote:

Same here.
This show needs more recognition Very Happy

Saying Yu Yu Hakusho needs more recognition is like saying Cowboy Bebop, or Evangelion needs more recognition. The show was absolutely massive over here and in Japan and still carries major influence today.

I'd rather YYH die after this Ova. The last thing we want is for Shueisha and Fuji Tv to milk a property from the dead again, and ruin it. Unlike Dragon Ball which always had mediocre animation, so as long as Super didn't goof it would look fine, YYH actually had some of the strongest stuff of it's time. It was literally a time-capsule of animation, direction, and style that could never be matched again. And The last thing I want to see is another cynical 80s or 90s remake/reboot/Sequel(that's "secretly" just a Reboot) cash-grab. I get that it's nostalgic but we've been in the age of nostalgia pandering for 10 years now, and it's getting REALLY tiresome

If they're gonna do that, make an actually good YYH video game.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1